• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

increase mpg by:

reducing unsprung weight: lightest weight rims & tires you can find

reducing road resistence: low rolling resistence tires, slightly narrower tires

reduce air drag: closed tail gate, bed cover, underbody skid plates, valance

buy a tuner such as hptuners or efilive & make slight (5%) modifications in deceleration fuel cut off (DFCO), upshift sooner & downshift later, & torque converter lockup tables

read up on the driving techniques of hypermiling

• 10 months later...

My stock 2017 silverado ran about 18.5 mpg to and from work mostly highway in FL where it's flat and at sea level. After an install of a CAI, craven catback exhaust, and a tuner I'm achieving 24.2 mpg on the same routes at the same time of day with the same 87 octane fuel. These mods have proven to work in my case and I can't really argue with those numbers.

My stock 2017 silverado ran about 18.5 mpg to and from work mostly highway in FL where it's flat and at sea level. After an install of a CAI, craven catback exhaust, and a tuner I'm achieving 24.2 mpg on the same routes at the same time of day with the same 87 octane fuel. These mods have proven to work in my case and I can't really argue with those numbers.

CAI does absolutely nothing, zip zilch bubcus for HP or MPG in these as the Factory airbox supplies more than enough air (the engine is a vacuum and cannot possibly suck more you would have to add turbo or supercharging to get anything increase whatso ever from intake.

Hmm, all i did was add the Airaid intake tube and filled up, reset the mpg and after a whole tank my mpg was almost 2mpg better. Same fuel, same route, same weather, same driving style.. actually more wide open than usual to hear the noise. To each their own i guess.

It is very hard to believe you have increased your mpg's by 25% with those basic mods, are you hand calculating your mpg's for each tank?

Archived