Duramax Extended Warranty

I would guess that price depends on what happens to a diesel and the complexity of the repair. It may pay for itself it one fell swoop! Then again, you may never recoup the money with no issues.........but I am reminded, I don't want a issue but I guess it is peace of mind.

I got an aftermarket extended warranty (risky) when I purchased my used 2012 Duramax 2500 back in March. So far, I have used it once for the steering box replacement. I might be using it again because of all the DEF/DPF issues, if GM doesn't take care of the DPF issue under emissions warranty.

EPA requires emissions stuff to be warranted by the OEM for up to 80,000 miles. That is one of the major issues. if one properly watches the quality of fuel they put in the pickup, change fuel filters on a regular basis, in other words, really is proactive on maintenance and operation, other problems should be minimal. One hears of fuel pump and injector problems, and the can indeed by wallet buster issues, but usually can be traced to poor fuel quality and not monitoring filters properly. I don't wait for a alert to change a filter. I change them on a periodic basis, usually seasonal. I have never had a fuel system related issue on any diesel for over 3 decades. From the little 2.8L diesel in a 2006 Jeep Liberty on up thru ag tractors and several commercial heavy trucks, many of them going over 1 million miles without a fuel system issue.

Archived