MRT Motorsports

Bilstein 6112 Coilovers / 5160 Rear Shock Interest Thread - 50 Sets Co

One more Q, is a a true 2". Because the Bilstein 1500's I have are not. They are about 1 3/4".

Mine was exactly 2", add a spacer for 2 1/2" or both for 3".

Any info on the 6112's? Im really interested in a set for my silverado to fix the 4 wheeled pogo stick effect of the rancho shocks

(Deleted duplicate text)

Edited by Mike17silvy

Any info on the 6112's? Im really interested in a set for my silverado to fix the 4 wheeled pogo stick effect of the rancho shocks

(Deleted duplicate text)

At this point Id pretend they dont exist, so youll still be excited when they finally are available. Had my truck 2 years now and was asking about them and they were only a few months away supposedly back then..

We have the first few production runs on order and the date has continually been pushed back. We will be meeting with Bilstein in person next week at the SEMA show and hopefully we can get some real answers.

Per Bilstein at the end of last month

"Hey Dude.  We are still waiting on the GM 6112's.  I am hoping we will have some by October.  Sorry it's taking so long.  We've been kicking and screaming [to corporate] for these which hasn't seemed to help."

On 10/23/2017 at 3:18 PM, MRT Motorsports said:

We have the first few production runs on order and the date has continually been pushed back. We will be meeting with Bilstein in person next week at the SEMA show and hopefully we can get some real answers.

Per Bilstein at the end of last month

"Hey Dude.  We are still waiting on the GM 6112's.  I am hoping we will have some by October.  Sorry it's taking so long.  We've been kicking and screaming [to corporate] for these which hasn't seemed to help."

How many extra on top of your pre-orders you got on order?

I want a set...if they ever come to fruition.  Unbelievable....

SEMA has begun, hope y'all get to talk to them and have some good news for us.

• Like 1

I spoke to a bilstein rep back in August during the 4wheel parts truck fest and they gave me the same lame story about the 6112s for our trucks:

"It will be ready by the end of <insert missed target date here>"

(I believe they said end of September at the time) ... and he muttered something about they got hung up on the F150 production runs or something like that ..by the time it got to that part of the story I had tuned out. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the bilstein reps at SEMA say: "It will be ready by the end of November" :lol:

Spoke with Bilstein at the show. Internal changes have held up the release of many new products.

Per the Offroad Department @ the SEMA Show, the 6112s should be ready to ship by mid-Dec.

Fingers crossed!