Happy with your seatbelt recall fix?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked my truck after seeing this post and it appears that my truck came with this already installed. No ridiculous cuts. The large round black piece sits just inside the factory cut black rubber nice and neat.14 AT 2 1/2 years old. Anyone else? bought mine new from a dealership.

It was stated new (14's) unsold trucks would have the recall performed with new parts.

It looks like crap, but in reality, its just the seatbelt opening. Better than a huge scratch on the outside you'll see all the time. Honestly, when was the last time you opened your door and looked at the seatbelt bottom before looking at this thread. I don't think I ever have.

Right. I never looked at it before or after the fix until I saw this thread. It doesn't bother me. The before isn't much better either.

284e8d9292646ceed103dd1e74503849.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like crap, but in reality, its just the seatbelt opening. Better than a huge scratch on the outside you'll see all the time. Honestly, when was the last time you opened your door and looked at the seatbelt bottom before looking at this thread. I don't think I ever have.

This is actually something you see every time you open the drivers door. So yes you see it all the time. Bet you can never not look now after being the recipient of the hackjobs in this thread. I know I would anyway and that bothers the heck out of me. Might not you, but that is your truck and this is mine ... to each his own.

I mean if it doesn't matter perhaps the dealership will just let me go out onto the lot and rip one out of a 2016 or 17 I will use that and they can slap the ripped up one on and sell it. After all as you say it does not matter right?

I am very anal with my truck and keep it immaculate. Stored indoors at work and home. Waxed every 3 months, etc. I fully understand where you're coming from and agree that it is not a clean fix. I'm ok with it; however, if I wasn't ok with it, like you're not, then I'd challenge the dealership to implement a better solution. Looks like some here have succeeded in getting a full replacement like the new trucks.

Alpine Truck Life has a good thought - obviously GM thinks a butcher job on the existing seatbelt opening for 'their' new trucks would not be something a perspective buyer would want to see - could lose the sale! Yet existing customers don't count - let them get their truck butchered. It's not so much that so many of the repairs look like sloppy work but the fact that GM is willing to repair their unsold trucks properly by their service dept - but not willing to do the same for ours.

What's the saying - 'What's good for the goose ....' I think I'd ask my dealer 'why do your new trucks get fixed properly but you won't do the same for me?'

We know the reason - cost!

Irony is I do not blame the dealership one bit. They are stuck in the middle so kind of feel bad for them really. I was honestly about to bring my truck in and pay for a tire rotation and a couple other things not to mention my service which they get to bill for against warranty. GM just lost them that business and money as I am now taking my truck somewhere else and just doing the oil myself.

I have also shown this thread to my service manager and he is alerting the regional manager about it too. The real shame is people not bringing their trucks in now and that may just land them in hot water as it was serious enough that they put a mandatory stop sell order on all affected models that were still on a lot, something tells me this all will not sit well with the governing bodies for such things.

Alpine Truck Life has a good thought - obviously GM thinks a butcher job on the existing seatbelt opening for 'their' new trucks would not be something a perspective buyer would want to see - could lose the sale! Yet existing customers don't count - let them get their truck butchered. It's not so much that so many of the repairs look like sloppy work but the fact that GM is willing to repair their unsold trucks properly by their service dept - but not willing to do the same for ours.

What's the saying - 'What's good for the goose ....' I think I'd ask my dealer 'why do your new trucks get fixed properly but you won't do the same for me?'

We know the reason - cost!

That's exactly right.

I haven't had mine fixed yet, and truthfully I don't think I'll care how it looks one way or the other. But that's not the point. The point is that GM is treating its existing customers with disrespect. There's really no other way to spin this.

Dealer called me to go and get it done! Thanks guys! Won't be doing this to my truck! Paid $48K + Tax, not gonna let them hack away at it! Lol post-100451-14705036191_thumb.jpg

post-100451-14705036191_thumb.jpg

My dealership just called me today as well. I informed the woman that I was well aware of the recall, and well aware of how they planned to "fix" the issue.

I plan to stop by later to share this thread with the dealership. From the pictures I've seen, I'd rather find a solution that doesn't involve cutting.

Took my truck in for a seat cover replacement. This was the only open recall and went ahead and did the "fix". Looks horrible. But safety comes first. Pretty shady fix imo. But like others have said,other things in life to worry about.

I just had the recall about a week ago, shame on me I didn't pay attention to what they did. I went to clean my truck today and noticed the repair. It looks like a kid cut the rubber fitting around my harness.

I will be contacting my dealership about this, they usually provide great service and I feel this is more of a GM screw up to control cost

Archived