Considering a 2016 Yukon Denali XL, need advice.

Greetings,

I know there's a few other threads similar to this, but I'm hoping to get some insight on the 2016 Yukon XL.

We have an 2014 Odyssey and 2013 Infiniti JX what we're looking to sell and combine into 1 vehicle that seats 7 and tows easily. Both cars are paid off and both are worth just over $30k, so we could roll into a Yukon Denali XL for little to no money out of pocket.

We have a 4 year old and (3) 2 year olds (yes triplets), because of this we don't fly anywhere. We drive every time.

I recently saw that the Yukons are on sale (12%, off) Im sure there's some play in pricing as well. I had some questions and was hoping you all could provide some insight.

1) How do you like your Yukon. Specifically the 2016 if anyone has them.

2) Because of the 4 kids, We will use all three rows with car seats. Any have car seats in the third row. How do they fit? Are the kids comfortable?

3) Is the second/third row dvd system capable of playing two different things at the same time?

4) Due to vibration issues with my Sierra, I'm not a fan of 22 inch wheels. But I can't seem to find a Denali without 22 inch wheels.

Does the Yukon suffer from the same vibration issues the Sierra and Silverado suffer from at highway speeds?

5) We use the roof racks and a cargo box when we travel.

What this buffeting issue I keep hearing about.

Is this a roof rack only issue? A Sunroof issue?

Has this been resolved on late model 2016s?

6) How's the headlights? I know the old Sierra had horrible headlights and the 2016s upgraded to the amazing Led headlights. I see the Yukon is still on the HIDs, not the LEDs. Any issues?

7) How's gas mileage on the highway? We're looking at a 4wd Denali, so it'll be 6.2 with the 4wd, so it's only rated at 20 mpg.

Does it actually get 20?

Is the 6.2 on the Denali also using premium fuel?

8) Does it actually for in a garage? I guess I'll have to measure my garage and measure the truck, but I'm just wondering if you all are parking it in the garage of of its a PITA.

9) Anything I should be looking out while I'm shopping for one? Anything to pay attention for in the test drive?

And lastly...

10) What kind of prices and deals are you all looking at or getting.

I'm also considering going to Laura GMC to avoid the haggling.

Sorry for the long post, hoping to get some good insight before the sale ends on August 31st.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a 2016 SLT 2 months ago. Not a Denali, but it is an XL. It has better seating and comfort than our Odyssey. It fits in the garage. Headlights are fine. No vibration or buffeting, though I went for 18" wheels specifically to avoid those problems (plus I hate big wheels on a truck). Get 22-23 mpg on highway. Tows our boat great (we got towing package).

Denali has different motor and suspension, so not apples to apples...

I had a Raptor w/6.2L before the Yukon. Great power which was super fun, but I don't miss it in a family truckster. For the lost MPG, do you need it to haul kids around?

I used supplier pricing through work. Easy and no haggle.

I'd suggest test driving an SLT. Denali may be overkill for hauling kids around, and you'll be stuck with those big wheels and the issues that come with them. At least let the salesman drive the Denali with you in the 3rd row to really feel those 22's.

Good luck!

I got a 2016 SLT 2 months ago. Not a Denali, but it is an XL. It has better seating and comfort than our Odyssey. It fits in the garage. Headlights are fine. No vibration or buffeting, though I went for 18" wheels specifically to avoid those problems (plus I hate big wheels on a truck). Get 22-23 mpg on highway. Tows our boat great (we got towing package).

Denali has different motor and suspension, so not apples to apples...

I had a Raptor w/6.2L before the Yukon. Great power which was super fun, but I don't miss it in a family truckster. For the lost MPG, do you need it to haul kids around?

I used supplier pricing through work. Easy and no haggle.

I'd suggest test driving an SLT. Denali may be overkill for hauling kids around, and you'll be stuck with those big wheels and the issues that come with them. At least let the salesman drive the Denali with you in the 3rd row to really feel those 22's.

Good luck!

I love all the features, bells, whistles, and tech in the Odyssey. But we fill up the cargo box and the trunk and still are stuff in the center of the aisle.

Wish we had a bigger trunk.

The only reason we're looking at the Denali is for the 6.2L.

My Sierra, has the 5.3 and I do at times wish I had gotten the 6.2.

Maybe the 2017 will finally offer the 6.2 in the SLT.

Some buffet some don't, test drive on highway a must. Some vibrate, but my experience was michelin defender tires are the answer. They changed 7 tires to no solution. The 6.2 w/ 8 speed is awesome. I get 21 mpg and easily get 19 mpg at 80 mph, here in Fla. smooth and flat. It tows great. Does a lot well. We love it. The third row is really just for kids. It's fast as hell, handles, and gets great gas mileage for a school bus!!! LOL Thats my nick name for it. Has big presence, you are noticed when you arrive. Mine is black w/ the chrome 22's. There is nothing else out there that does it this well, except the escalade, which I really didn't like the interior or center stack controls. The Michelins transformed my truck, so if you have issues, keep that in mind. Yes uses premium. 89 works. Parking sensors are great and camera, parking is easy. It is a mac Daddy truck w/ a lot of class. Did i mention it's fast!!? LOL Its a very nice ride and there are good deals right now.

Also there are other post here regarding, it is a very safe truck w/ lots of airbags. I have the wife, kids, dog and feel like we are in a tank. From post here and elsewhere they hold up very well in an accident. A family guy must!

I just bought a Yukon Denai yesterday from Laura GMC. These gjuys are the real deal - they'll pick you up at the airport and the pricing is no gimmick. I arrived at 9 AM, they threw me the keys to the Yukon I wanted, had 13 miles on it. Drove it for 20 minutes, no vibration or buffeting. The tires were a little flat spotted from sitting, (22), but it seemed to smooth out after a little driving.

Took them about 30 minutes in all to write up the paperwork, took all of 5 minutes to sign it, no pressure or BS upsell. A very good buying experience overall.

I wouldn't wait though, the place is a beehive of activity. They sold close to 800 new units last month and the discounts are bigger now (on the SUVs). Due to the extreme rebates, they won't hold cars, and they sold two denalis yesterday while I was there.

Ended up paying about 16k under sticker for mine, it would have cost me 10K more down in FL.

Call and ask for Greg K.

I just bought a Yukon Denai yesterday from Laura GMC. These gjuys are the real deal - they'll pick you up at the airport and the pricing is no gimmick. I arrived at 9 AM, they threw me the keys to the Yukon I wanted, had 13 miles on it. Drove it for 20 minutes, no vibration or buffeting. The tires were a little flat spotted from sitting, (22), but it seemed to smooth out after a little driving.

Took them about 30 minutes in all to write up the paperwork, took all of 5 minutes to sign it, no pressure or BS upsell. A very good buying experience overall.

I wouldn't wait though, the place is a beehive of activity. They sold close to 800 new units last month and the discounts are bigger now (on the SUVs). Due to the extreme rebates, they won't hold cars, and they sold two denalis yesterday while I was there.

Ended up paying about 16k under sticker for mine, it would have cost me 10K more down in FL.

Call and ask for Greg K.

You got a Denali XL for 16k off sticker?

You got a Denali XL for 16k off sticker?

I bought a Yukon (not the XL) Denali, and yes, I paid $16k off sticker. Looks like they sold 10 of the this weekend. I haven't followed the inventory of the XL models but if you see one you like, I'd jump on it.

So I found a loaded Yukon Denali XL. Onyx black with cocoa atmosphere interior. Every option except the security package.

Retail 80,715, selling price 68,317, so 15.5% off.

It's not 16k off, but it saves us have to drive two cars (2 trades) and family of 6 14 hours.

We pick it up Saturday morning.

Hope there's no issues with since it's a late model 2016.

If anyone is considering a new GMC, give Henry Brown GMC a holler and talk to Morgan Corak. Let him know i sent ya. They have a huge inventory they are looking to move fast. Some great deals to be had there!

Sent from my fone.

So I found a loaded Yukon Denali XL. Onyx black with cocoa atmosphere interior. Every option except the security package.

Retail 80,715, selling price 68,317, so 15.5% off.

It's not 16k off, but it saves us have to drive two cars (2 trades) and family of 6 14 hours.

We pick it up Saturday morning.

Hope there's no issues with since it's a late model 2016.

Congrats! Sounds like a good enough deal on a nicely optioned truck. With these deals I actually considered trading my '15 in on a '16. But my '15 has a lot of options and it was hard finding the same truck. Got spoiled w/ a couple of options I didn't know were options. I also did a lot of upgrades on my truck including protective film on the whole from end. Even with the steep discounts it didn't pay for me to jump just one year. My luck it would have vibrated! LOL Mine is smooth now w/ new Michelins.

best of luck, post some pics, and give us a review!!

Congrats! Sounds like a good enough deal on a nicely optioned truck. With these deals I actually considered trading my '15 in on a '16. But my '15 has a lot of options and it was hard finding the same truck. Got spoiled w/ a couple of options I didn't know were options. I also did a lot of upgrades on my truck including protective film on the whole from end. Even with the steep discounts it didn't pay for me to jump just one year. My luck it would have vibrated! LOL Mine is smooth now w/ new Michelins.

best of luck, post some pics, and give us a review!!

You all with Michelins, are you replacing themselves, or is the dealer doing it?

Archived