Considering a 2016 Yukon Denali XL, need advice.

Congrats on the truck - just give it a little time and see if the vibrations work themselves out.

Agree with Jim, I didn't really consder any other brand of SUV (outside GM). Did a cursory look at Ford, Porsche, Infiniti (hated that one), and Lexus. Frankly, GM has the best vehicle out there, and the only one that diidn't feel like driving in a short school bus.

Now, if GMC is going to sell these for $75k, they need to work on their dealer network. The local dealer here, we had such a bad "information gathering" experience, the Mrs. was very soured on the brand. It wasn't in any way comparable (facility, people, professionalism) to the Lexus/Porsche dealer.

A second GMC dealer nearby, looks like straight out of the 1950s. Didn't visit them so can't comment on that part, but doesn't look like the kind of place that would sell $75k automobiles.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep! On all three trucks I spend the first couple of months fine tuning the truck to be what it is supposed to be. They do settle in along the way. Have always been a GM guy, but at this price point they have to do a better job to compete. I have had issues w/ Mercedes and BMW but overall quality was higher. At 80K they are in a nicely equipped GL550 territory! But I am a lot more comfortable with longterm ownership on a Denali than a Benz or BMW! I have no regrets on the 6.2 8 speed. Really performs when needed and tows very nicely. Between the kids, dog, road trips and towing, it does everything pretty well. I will bet the mag ride becomes adjustable in future models.

Found the center console clicking.

Right behind the cup holder, but I front of the center console, right below the button you press to open the center console, that price of fake letter section at the back of the cup holder is clicking against the plastic below the cop hold frame.

If you open the cup holder 1/2, reach your fingers at the back of the lid, and grab that plastic/leather piece and pull up, it stop.

The underside of the leather is plastic, and cup holder frame is plastic. They are rubbing against each other. I'm going to pull up on it and push some felt I there.

Seamus,

I just got back from the dealer because the two replacement tires they ordered came in.

So they mounted the new tires and RFB them. The front left is 13 lbs, the front right is 14, the back left is 16, and back right is 18 lbs.

Here's the thing, I still feel vibrations from. 71 - 79 with the peak at 75 mph.

I do have to say it's very mild compared to when it started.

So my question is that you stated that you didn't give them an inch with your Denali. How bad was your vibration? Seemingly mild.

I'm wondering if the Michelin will cure this last little bit, or is the truck a lemon and nothing is going to cure. Basically, this is how it is when riding on 22" wheels?

Was yours bad bad, and the Michelin are night/day? Or were the Bridgestones just mild and the Michelin cured it once and for all?

I really want to avoid spending the money if the Michelins will vibrate as mild as the Bridgestones.

But I whole heartedly agree there should be no vibration on an $81k Denali.

They changed out 7 tires on my Denali. They also had similar RFB #'s. They seemed to be happy when they got to those #'s. But it still had much less vibrations but still there. Then even at those lower #'s it would get worse on certain pavements or different stretches of road. THEN I went in for my free oil change and they automatically rotate the tires. Thats when we started at the beginning again! Because what was OK on the rear or vise versa didn't work on the front and the vibrations were terrible again. It was just ridiculous. Now they were going to put two new tires on as those were bad too?? That would have been 9 tires swapped in 4 months!!!! Now my vibration just moved around in mph or got worse or better but never gone! I was pretty confident it was tires at this point and as they felt so also. As I mentioned in another thread I told them I wanted new Michelins to stop wasting money on these tires and stop wasting my time. They said GM won't allow it. Didn't believe them but they got two managers to confirm. I went into the sales manager who sold me 3 trucks in 2 years. Plus 6 other cars in 8 years. I told him I wanted new tires. He didn't know how to do that so I joked I was going to drive the truck throughout the front window.! Then I asked them to look up all the cars I bought there, add up dealer fees, service, profit, ect, and asked how much money do you think you made all these years??? Do you think you may want to bring this up to the owners and get me new tires for 1200 bucks?????!!! You see I am a car nut do you want me writing you guys off and dealing elsewhere?? He sympathized and asked for a day to work on it. In the end they bought 2 and I bought 2 and they installed all four for free. I agreed and was the best move I made.

I agree with you completely. It's an 80k truck! I also didn't want to spend the money for a maybe on the tires. I do believe when you have 22" rims you cant have a marginal tire as it exacerbates the issue. I can only tell you what happened for me, but the tech there predicted this was the answer in his experience. The Michelin's were night and day difference in all categories. The vibration is completely gone and they just did a normal balance after install. I have flat and straight roads down here and and any slight vibration is noticeable. I cruise anywhere from 70-92 and no vibrations, smooth as glass. Also improved in that they are quieter, more compliant, and much better in the rain. I am still in awe every time I drive the truck since the replacement. It is a new experience and truck. I still find myself looking and waiting for the vibration to comeback as I didn't believe it was just the tires, but it was.

I run Michelin on my Corvettes and my Mercedes and they are a high quality tire. The tire guy even said " I don't think I ever had a bad michelin tire

that needed replacing" ? I am sure people have had to warranty a michelin tire as that is impossible, but for a tire guy to say that shows it isn't often. Bridgstones= 9 bad tires in 4 months????? Every tech saying the tires suck??? They do this everyday. Good luck

• 9 months later...

Archived