Can you clarify wheel back spacing requirements with Zone 6"

Forum lurker turned forum FNG, so first question posted.

It seems that some are able to do a 6" lift and run 35x12.5's without having to trim anything while others end up hacking the bumper and fender liner.

I am going with a simple Zone 6" kit. The "Important Notes!" say "To reduce trimming on new body style HD's 20" wheel with 5 3/4" backspacing recommended." This has me confused since the wheel and tire sizing chart lists different wheel options with a max tire of 35x12.5. What gives - are they saying that what I really need is 5.75 back spacing but the only way I am getting it is with a 20" wheel? Seems odd any way I look at it.

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-5-6in-suspension-lift-kit-chevy-gmc-avalanche-pickup-suburban-yukon/c4

My plan is to run 35x12.5 Pro Comp AT Sport tires on 18x9 0 Pro Comp Series 32 wheels, which is about 5.25" back spacing. The "actual" tire size according to Pro Comp is 34.6" high, 11.8" section width, and 9.7" tread width. Do you think they are going to require me to trim the bumper and/or fender liner?

Archived