Denali cluster in SLT

Ok guys some new developments today:

First and foremost against my better judgement I've gone ahead and compiled a "short list" of part numbers for the various years. This is JUST for normal Denali retrofit not for say a Tahoe cluster in a Silverado etc. We STILL need to verify these part numbers prior to purchase just to make sure we've got all of the details and your build correct.

The attachments are for GAS US SPEC ONLY. These are not for Diesel, Canadian, export etc.

IT IS STILL PARAMOUNT THAT YOU DO NOT PLUG THESE INTO YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL WE HAVE PROPERLY RETROFIT PROGRAMMED IT. THIS IS FOR YOUR PROTECTION NOT OURS. Seriously; its that important. 

Second we've added a product just for this service on our website with more details and specific choices which we hope will make things easier. Also if you have upgraded to NAV or Front Parking assist etc please put that in the notes and we'll turn those functions on for you in the cluster (we can also suppress warnings etc). 

Thirdly we are able to properly retrofit Escalade clusters into K2XX vehicles however due to the extra programming labor and fitment required normally never advertised it but figured we'd throw that out. 

Last but not least we are officially offering 16+ module retrofit into older vehicles that have had -THE COMPLETE CAR PLAY UPGRADE DONE- (read that again its important lol). The complete car play upgrade would be a matched pair of Radio AND HMI module replaced from a 2016+. Sadly a lot of aftermarket vendors are half assing this upgrade and only replacing the HMI which causes numerous issues. 

This is a major pain in the butt as we have to verify you got the right radio/HMI unit but it will allow for full correct display of Radio, the Speed limit sign as well as the sought after carplay/android auto voice control from the steering wheel. We may also be able to now back port 2017 (and possibly 18) modules back to other 16/17's however this will be on a case by case custom basis and will require extra billable labor. 

2014 and Early 2015 GAS US SPEC - DENALI RED

2014- EARLY 2015 GAS US SPEC.JPG

2015.5 (Trucks with RPO AVF and/or VV4) GAS US SPEC -DENALI RED

5a62457fc61c5_Most2015GASUSSPEC.JPG.e9e21ed5ef89aa9f1f68bbdeffeb2ec1.JPG

2016 GAS US SPEC - DENALI RED

2016 GAS US SPEC.JPG

2016 GAS US SPEC - DENALI STYLE LARGE DISPLAY BLUE/GREEN LIGHTING FOR CHEVY (SILVERADO/TAHOE/SUBURBAN ETC)

5a7073b0e6e31_2016DenaliStyleBLUEGREEN.JPG.477857a7fd3546312e9ebb0c8e5694ce.JPG

2017 GAS US SPEC - NEW CHEVY AND DENALI BLUE/GREEN (First year Denali has Chevy Colored Lighting)

2017 GAS US SPEC.JPG

2018 GAS US SPEC - BLUE/GREEN

5a6f5129d9553_ScreenShot2018-01-29at11_50_44AM.JPG.7fd19ad35149fcabe0881199b1b4166b.JPG

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the info

And if anyone is interested I still have a Denali cluster for sale. It came off a 2015.5 Sierra. I have it listed in the for sale section, somewhere. 

Too bad it's not a diesel cluster

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hey guys, if anyone is looking for a cluster, I have a brand new Denali cluster for a 2015.5 truck that I already have shipped to Chris. This cluster is metric, so it’s probably better suited for a Canadian or exported truck. I bought what was supposed to be the correct cluster off of eBay (verified by Chris), but the eBay seller sent a different cluster and I shipped it to Chris before I even realized it wasn’t the same as the ad. If someone is looking for a 2015.5 cluster (WiFi in your truck), I will sell you this one for my purchase price of $250, and you don’t have to mess with shipping it to Chris. 

Chris if you aren’t cool with this, I’ll be happy to delete. Just trying to save us shipping the cluster back.

Three of the part numbers Chris listed for the 2017's show to have been superseded by part # 84380242 (see screenshot).  He said it should work in theory but he hasn't seen this part number in person yet.

Would you guys bite the bullet and take the risk in ordering it?  Seems to me if three confirmed working clusters all changed to this same part number, it should work also.

Chris' site says not to order a cluster without first verifying compatibility.  In this case though, he cannot confirm so I guess I have to be the guinea pig!

Also, has anyone ordered and had it drop-shipped directly to him for programming to save time and shipping costs?  

Screenshot_20180121-212126.png

Edited by lapoolboy
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2017 at 12:13 PM, GTPprix said:

Pricing is dependent on quite a few factors such as is the cluster used and requires regreening to allow it to work in another vehicle, do you want custom programming performed IE do you want the unit to drive a HUD or other menus that normally aren't there etc. etc. That unit was on the higher end of the spectrum as it was used. 

'other menus that normally aren't there'?

can you elaborate?

• Like 2

'other menus that normally aren't there'?

can you elaborate?

Since these clusters come from Denali trucks, options like HUD, Lane Departure warning, park Assist notifications, and any other options that are found on the higher trim trucks that wouldn’t be available on our lower trim trucks.

Any graphical items, icons, etc that you might see on the higher trims that have these features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Since these clusters come from Denali trucks, options like HUD, Lane Departure warning, park Assist notifications, and any other options that are found on the higher trim trucks that wouldn’t be available on our lower trim trucks.

Any graphical items, icons, etc that you might see on the higher trims that have these features.

not sure I follow this logic...since all the icons (lights, etc) and such are on all clusters,  but only active on the vehicles with those particular options.

when I read "other menus that normally aren't there", I thought it meant displaying information that was previously hidden from view, but available regardless of option configurations.

• Like 2

Many of us, including myself, have wondered and or asked for a parts list and cost...

I have compiled a preliminary parts list and ball park cost for my vehicle (2015 Suburban LTZ) should I decide to go for this mod...for those in the know - please feel free to offer corrections.

$350 - Denali Cluster, new [23249954]

$200 - HUD [ 23474646]

$59   - HUD Switch assembly 23193705]

$105 - Cluster Visor (with opening to accommodate HUD) [23181840]

$300 - I/P Harness - perhaps more $$

$120 - Left Air Outlet assembly (to accommodate switches)

$533 - Windshield - HUD Compatible

$300 - Programming - have no idea how close or far off I would be with this number

________

adding tax and shipping on parts, brings the $$ close to $1,600 or more

add a HUD compatible windshield - the cost is now roughly $2100

The only caveats are cluster has red lighting instead of blue and the brushed aluminum accent trim on the Left Ari Outlet would not be a perfect match.

Edited by migizi
  • Like 1

not sure I follow this logic...since all the icons (lights, etc) and such are on all clusters,  but only active on the vehicles with those particular options.

when I read "other menus that normally aren't there", I thought it meant displaying information that was previously hidden from view, but available regardless of option configurations.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, there is a significant level of programming that occurs on the cluster to make it work right on your truck.

There are many threads seen on FB where people are installing these without proper programming, or even taking it to the dealer and having something not work right. My understanding when this is done, is that tamper flags are set of in both the cluster and the truck. If that person then sells the cluster to someone else without fully disclosing things like the odometer showing dashes when installed in his truck, the new owner then assumes that issue.

For example, When I first started with the front park sensor module Retrofit, it didn’t work until I sent to WAMS to program. Now it works correctly and displays the graphical icon.

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

I guess what I’m trying to say is, there is a significant level of programming that occurs on the cluster to make it work right on your truck.

There are many threads seen on FB where people are installing these without proper programming, or even taking it to the dealer and having something not work right. My understanding when this is done, is that tamper flags are set of in both the cluster and the truck. If that person then sells the cluster to someone else without fully disclosing things like the odometer showing dashes when installed in his truck, the new owner then assumes that issue.

For example, When I first started with the front park sensor module Retrofit, it didn’t work until I sent to WAMS to program. Now it works correctly and displays the graphical icon.

I understand where your coming from - thanks for that explanation

I'll be interested to see if that is what Chris meant, or if there is some hidden easter eggs 

iu.jpeg

• Like 1

I understand where your coming from - thanks for that explanation

I'll be interested to see if that is what Chris meant, or if there is some hidden easter eggs 

iu.thumb.jpeg.f7de32a449715cfa00cc361986caa7e8.jpeg

Oh yeah. For sure. In hindsight, I should have put more thought into future mods that involved the cluster. I was just excited to have the cluster in my hand and wanted it in the truck as soon as I could.

For example, getting HUD programmed into cluster. I told Chris that I would never consider adding that due to cost... but, if I recall, the added cost on the programming side was not that much more and probably should have done it then. Then, if I ever decided to add it later, the cluster would have been ready for it.

If you decide to go down this path of adding HUD, good luck to you! Would love to see any update on it if you do.

On 1/19/2018 at 2:22 PM, GTPprix said:

Ok guys some new developments today:

First and foremost against my better judgement I've gone ahead and compiled a "short list" of part numbers for the various years. This is JUST for normal Denali retrofit not for say a Tahoe cluster in a Silverado etc. We STILL need to verify these part numbers prior to purchase just to make sure we've got all of the details and your build correct.

The attachments are for GAS US SPEC ONLY. These are not for Diesel, Canadian, export etc.

IT IS STILL PARAMOUNT THAT YOU DO NOT PLUG THESE INTO YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL WE HAVE PROPERLY RETROFIT PROGRAMMED IT. THIS IS FOR YOUR PROTECTION NOT OURS. Seriously; its that important. 

Second we've added a product just for this service on our website with more details and specific choices which we hope will make things easier. Also if you have upgraded to NAV or Front Parking assist etc please put that in the notes and we'll turn those functions on for you in the cluster (we can also suppress warnings etc). 

Thirdly we are able to properly retrofit Escalade clusters into K2XX vehicles however due to the extra programming labor and fitment required normally never advertised it but figured we'd throw that out. 

Last but not least we are officially offering 16+ module retrofit into older vehicles that have had -THE COMPLETE CAR PLAY UPGRADE DONE- (read that again its important lol). The complete car play upgrade would be a matched pair of Radio AND HMI module replaced from a 2016+. Sadly a lot of aftermarket vendors are half assing this upgrade and only replacing the HMI which causes numerous issues. 

This is a major pain in the butt as we have to verify you got the right radio/HMI unit but it will allow for full correct display of Radio, the Speed limit sign as well as the sought after carplay/android auto voice control from the steering wheel. We may also be able to now back port 2017 (and possibly 18) modules back to other 16/17's however this will be on a case by case custom basis and will require extra billable labor. 

2014 and Early 2015 GAS US SPEC

2014- EARLY 2015 GAS US SPEC.JPG

2016 GAS US SPEC

2016 GAS US SPEC.JPG

2017 GAS US SPEC

2017 GAS US SPEC.JPG

2015.5 (Vehicles with RPO AVF or VV4) GAS US SPEC

Most 2015 GAS US SPEC.JPG

Cool thank you, any chance you happen to have 2018 numbers. I'm guessing they may be to ney yet? My new truck is and 18.