Picked up the new 2016 Yukon Denali XL, dash rattles?

So we picked the Yukon today.

Test drove it for 40 miles.

But the roads around the dealership are smooth.

Drove to it back home though crap MD highways and I immediately notice clickty plastic rattle from around the center dash surrounding the radio and more so the at the tip of the dash.

It sounds like the clips along the trim piece at sit adjacent to the wind shield are loose. Just clickty over every bump.

Is this normal?

Anyone getting this clickty noises from the center dash and the tip of the dash?

I'm pretty sure I have condition 2 and 3 from the third article.

I noticed a trend while driving so many of these. The 12% off vehicles (the ones that were oldest in inventory) all had dash rattles of some sort.

I belive that the older ones that sat on the lots for 2 to 3 months in the sun without a/c to stabilize the Temps in the materials wsuffered most from the expansion on the materials. Once we drove them and ran the a/c those materials started contracting back to normal, causing space between tensioners that allow for clicks and rattles.

There was one at the dealership south of us whose defroster trim piece had warped by the sun and was arching up. Kind of insane for an 80k truck.

When we drove a non 12% or new one that had just arrived on the lot, they were perfectly quiet.

So I agree with the guy in the video and the TSB relating to condition 2 & 3.

We're going to give it until the first oil change and see how much of it settles down, then we'll have them remove the three trim pieces (leather cup holder area at center, radio face aluminum bezel, and defroster trim) and have them add foam and felt.

It may just resolve it's self.

Thanks for doing all the research.

Archived