Verizon Galaxy S7 the new 2016 Yukon Bluetooth issue?

So we're driving the new Yukon home and we go to make a call from the Bluetoothand we quickly notice that the call is very very garbled and crackly.

We connected my S5 and the call was crystal clear. So it's not the Yukon.

But she used her S7 I her Odyssey and my Infiniti with no issues.

Is there compatibility issues with the Samsung S7 and the 2016 Yukon?

Thank you Jennabear!

Hopefully, there's someone on here with 2016 model and an S7 can chime in.

The S7 crackles on my 2016 Sierra as well.

So my S5 is clear on the 2016 Sierra and Yukon.

Her S6 worked perfectly on both as well.

Her new S7 is cracking on both, So we just need to know if it's her new phone (S7) issue, or a software issue with the S7 and 2016 GMCs?

Anyone else out there own an S7 and 2016 GMC?

So we're driving the new Yukon home and we go to make a call from the Bluetoothand we quickly notice that the call is very very garbled and crackly.

We connected my S5 and the call was crystal clear. So it's not the Yukon.

But she used her S7 I her Odyssey and my Infiniti with no issues.

Is there compatibility issues with the Samsung S7 and the 2016 Yukon?

Sounds silly but have you tried a reboot? All samsung apps up to date?

Sounds silly but have you tried a reboot? All samsung apps up to date?

I was holding off as long as possible to see if anyone else had an s7 and had similar issues.

Of no one else responds, I'll do a factory reset and of that doesn't work, we'll do an exchange on the phone.

But the phone is new, and if we do an exchange, Verizon sends us a refurbished one. So I'd like to avoid that.

I was holding off as long as possible to see if anyone else had an s7 and had similar issues.

Of no one else responds, I'll do a factory reset and of that doesn't work, we'll do an exchange on the phone.

But the phone is new, and if we do an exchange, Verizon sends us a refurbished one. So I'd like to avoid that.

My kid has an S7, I can try that later but we're with T-Mobile. According to UPS I'll be getting my pre-ordered Note 7 tomorrow and I'll give that a whirl too. Right now I'm using a Note 4 as my daily driver and it sounds fine.

*edit*

If you're using a non-stock launcher (I use Nova) you can back up your settings, text, ect... prior to doing a factory reset and re-import it and it will put it back to the way it was before the factory reset. However that might be a little extreme right now. I was talking about powering down and turning it back on.

Any wild cases on the phone, like metal?

My kid has an S7, I can try that later but we're with T-Mobile. According to UPS I'll be getting my pre-ordered Note 7 tomorrow and I'll give that a whirl too. Right now I'm using a Note 4 as my daily driver and it sounds fine.

Thanks Rosedog!

*edit*

If you're using a non-stock launcher (I use Nova) you can back up your settings, text, ect... prior to doing a factory reset and re-import it and it will put it back to the way it was before the factory reset. However that might be a little extreme right now. I was talking about powering down and turning it back on.

Any wild cases on the phone, like metal?

We've powered down, and up, tried it in safe mode, cleared the cache on the bluetooth, deleted the vehicle and reinstalled it.

So it's the phone. Verizon replaced it and the new one is perfect.

Good to hear. I just got my Note 7 on the 18th and had been streaming music with it and making calls and all seemed to work as intended.

Archived