2016 Silverado LT - DL8 to DL3 Mirror Conversion - FINALLY Complete&#3

I like this idea also. BUT only when I use the power lock and not every time I shut the engine off. Keep us posted

I might order one of the "Universal Smart Vehicle Side Mirror Auto Folding/Unfolding Controller Module"

I would like to have the mirrors fold in when I turn the truck off& or lock the truck and fold out when I start the truck

• Like 1

I like this idea also. BUT only when I use the power lock and not every time I shut the engine off. Keep us posted

I might order one of the "Universal Smart Vehicle Side Mirror Auto Folding/Unfolding Controller Module"

I would like to have the mirrors fold in when I turn the truck off& or lock the truck and fold out when I start the truck

I decided to just order the universal mirror folding control and will see if I can make this thing work when I wire up the lights.

I heard about the Switch issue and ordered it immediately before even getting the mirrors lol. I have the right switch installed and the mirrors fold properly. I sourced my switch from ebay. They still have a few left if anyone needs one get em soon! I might order a back switch just encase I mess mine up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131776697680?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Your mirrors power fold with the DL8 Harness without modding any wires?

The more I think about this, I think it would have been easier (less wires/pins) using the DL8 Harness, adding turn signal, puddle, and ground connections than it was the way I did it.

I'm really starting to think I can add the seat memory switch, reconnect those abandon circuits, and add that functionality. HaHa [emoji23]...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your mirrors power fold with the DL8 Harness without modding any wires?

The more I think about this, I think it would have been easier (less wires/pins) using the DL8 Harness, adding turn signal, puddle, and ground connections than it was the way I did it.

I'm really starting to think I can add the seat memory switch, reconnect those abandon circuits, and add that functionality. HaHa [emoji23]...

Correct! I learned from member smokey1300 that if you have an LT with DL8 power and heat you can bolt in the DL3 mirror and plug in switch #23154702 and they will power fold with out switching the harness. You will have all Pierre adjustment and heat along with power fold but NO turn signal or puddle lamp!

Edited by Alexantics
  • Like 1

This your video? I've watched it several times. Lol. I thought my DL8 harness was missing some pins for power fold. I'll have to double check that. Good to know. You get your hands on the terminal removal tool yet? Was looking into one but didn't have much luck in my search results.

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 1

LOL! It is actually member: smokey1300's video! I have not received the tools yet but I will post them once I get them. I hope they are the right ones! I used the unfitter Manuel to get the model #s for the un pinning tools.

So both of you (Alexantics and No Tyme) had power fold mirrors before you upgraded to tow mirrors? I have an SLE truck without powerfold, no heat, no turn signals. If I buy these modules, and switches, or harness can I get powerfold? Or should I just worry about the amber running light, turn signals, and the led light?

So both of you (Alexantics and No Tyme) had power fold mirrors before you upgraded to tow mirrors? I have an SLE truck without powerfold, no heat, no turn signals. If I buy these modules, and switches, or harness can I get powerfold? Or should I just worry about the amber running light, turn signals, and the led light?

We are discussing the Non Tow DL8 Mirrors to Non tow DL3 mirrors . DL8 have standard power and heated mirrors. We switched them to the Non tow DL3 mirrors which have standard power, heating, Turn Signal, puddle lamp and power fold. All I did was Take my DL8 Mirros off and install the DL3 mirrors and the power fold switch and they have functioning power, heat and power fold but no turn signal or puddle lamp until I add a few wires. Again this is NON TOW MIRRORS.

Edited by Alexantics

I had power heat and adjust, NO power fold, signal or puddle lights. I believe that the tow mirrors will wire the same. If you are upgrading like I did, but upgrading to power fold tow mirrors the wiring needs for the mirrors should be the same.

Just want to Thank everyone for their posts. I have a 2016 LT that i went from DL8 to DL3. Harvested wires from the DL3 harness that came with the mirrors. I can confirm that you just have to add the two wires harvested from the DL3 harness for the signal and puddle lamp from connector *X500* pins #3 & 41 that go to connector *X510* pins #1 & 13. You also have to add pin 5 in the 510 plug and jump it to pin11of the 510 plug. Picks up the ground for the puddle lamps. Also had to change bezel switch part # is 23154702. Love this mod. Now I have to decide if I want to leave the chrome covers or put the matching painted ones back on?

• Like 3

Just want to Thank everyone for their posts. I have a 2016 LT that i went from DL8 to DL3. Harvested wires from the DL3 harness that came with the mirrors. I can confirm that you just have to add the two wires harvested from the DL3 harness for the signal and puddle lamp from connector *X500* pins #3 & 41 that go to connector *X510* pins #1 & 13. You also have to add pin 5 in the 510 plug and jump it to pin11of the 510 plug. Picks up the ground for the puddle lamps. Also had to change bezel switch part # is 23154702. Love this mod. Now I have to decide if I want to leave the chrome covers or put the matching painted ones back on?

Pulling the chrome cover are a bit tricky. I want to put my painted ones back on but waiting for a good video to show how to remove them without breaking the snap points, because I read the chrome are very brittle.

this is awesome!!! I just received the terminal pin removal tools and I can't wait to do this!

Towards the end of this very helpful video fondupot made he briefly shows how to swap the covers! I'm in the same boat as you I want to swap my painted covers on but I'm also scared I'll break them lol.

this is awesome!!! I just received the terminal pin removal tools and I can't wait to do this!

Towards the end of this very helpful video fondupot made he briefly shows how to swap the covers! I'm in the same boat as you I want to swap my painted covers on but I'm also scared I'll break them lol.

That is what is see alot of here posted. Some think the chroming process makes the caps more brittle.

I found an easier method for removing the door panel. Takes like 5 minutes now. Also makes it for easy reinstall. I don't remove the 7mm screws for the bezel switches (just the one that's in the deep cavity). Also, instead of lifting the panel up and off the window edge, I found that pulling it towards you (leaving the (4) metal retaining clips with the door). For reinstallation, those (4) metal clips where the trim hangs from were a pain to line up and catch on the door. So leaving those on - you just push and snap the door panel onto them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK question, I currently have a 2016 Sierra SLT and it has the Power heated turn signal and power fold features. If I change over to the tow mirros with same options, I don't think I will have to change the wiring harness will I? Iv seen some after market versions also, lot less than factory with all these options, should be just a plug and play? Anyone know for sure?