Nissan's New Truck Warranty Perfect For High-Mileage Truck Owners

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-01509300-1471270279_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
8-15-2016

Nissan announced this morning that for 2017, its Titan and Titan HD trucks will come with a 5-year, 100,000 mile BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty. We read the press release three times. This is not just a drivetrain warranty. Nissan is saying that for fully 5-years and 100K miles it will warranty its Titan and Titan HDs for all repairs. Nissan says that this makes it the company with the best truck warranty in America.

This warranty also means that Nissan has just given customers and business owners that drive a Nissan pickup what amounts to a fixed cost of ownership for five years. At 79K miles the whole dash quits - free repair. Alternator at 99K miles - free repair. Headlights stop working at 72K - free repair. Wheel bearings at 66K - free repair. A Nissan truck owner will only pay for routine maintenance for 5 years or 100K miles.

Clearly this warranty is most beneficial to owners who put a lot of miles on their truck. With most drivers putting 15K on a vehicle, and many business drivers up to 25K, the new Nissan warranty is ahead of the competition.

To make the warranty perfectly clear, Nissan offered the following bullet points:

- 5-year/100,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty beats competitors' standard protection programs by two years and 64,000 miles
- Includes powertrain warranty – helping give Nissan full-size truck owners added trust and peace of mind
- Covers all 2017 TITAN Endurance® V8 gas and 2017 TITAN XD Cummins® diesel and Endurance V8 gasoline-powered models
- New limited warranty matches that of all models of Nissan Commercial Vehicles, including NV Cargo, NV Passenger and NV200

I wonder how much the MSRP just increased to cover that additional warranty?

Or how much the difficulty level to get something repaired under warranty has increased. Just because you have the warranty doesn't mean they will be willing to fix everything. Either way nice to see this from Nissan.

Lol.. Go to GM lately... They don't fix it unless they absolutely have too.. And have one of the poorest terms in the business... Even if Nissan is the same level of ignorant as they are at least you have that much longer to be covered before you are out of time.

The MSRP's are all completely out of hand so it's really irrelevant.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk

attachicon.giftitan 17.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

8-15-2016

Nissan announced this morning that for 2017, its Titan and Titan HD trucks will come with a 5-year, 100,000 mile BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty. We read the press release three times. This is not just a drivetrain warranty. Nissan is saying that for fully 5-years and 100K miles it will warranty its Titan and Titan HDs for all repairs. Nissan says that this makes it the company with the best truck warranty in America.

This warranty also means that Nissan has just given customers and business owners that drive a Nissan pickup what amounts to a fixed cost of ownership for five years. At 79K miles the whole dash quits - free repair. Alternator at 99K miles - free repair. Headlights stop working at 72K - free repair. Wheel bearings at 66K - free repair. A Nissan truck owner will only pay for routine maintenance for 5 years or 100K miles.

Clearly this warranty is most beneficial to owners who put a lot of miles on their truck. With most drivers putting 15K on a vehicle, and many business drivers up to 25K, the new Nissan warranty is ahead of the competition.

To make the warranty perfectly clear, Nissan offered the following bullet points:

- 5-year/100,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty beats competitors' standard protection programs by two years and 64,000 miles

- Includes powertrain warranty – helping give Nissan full-size truck owners added trust and peace of mind

- Covers all 2017 TITAN Endurance® V8 gas and 2017 TITAN XD Cummins® diesel and Endurance V8 gasoline-powered models

- New limited warranty matches that of all models of Nissan Commercial Vehicles, including NV Cargo, NV Passenger and NV200

I'd still rather take the GM warranty, at least they stand by their vehicles unlike a lot of these foreign manufactures. Easy for Nissan to put it on paper to get the sales then never back it.

Good God, from someone who really liked the styling of the last gen Titan... can you make a more fugly truck?

Honestly, not a whole lot of crap breaks anymore. My 00 Z71 went 180K before I traded it in with the original W/P and alternator. I really never had to fix anything on it.

My wife's 2011 Mustang we bought brand new in 2010 only had to have a seat motor replaced. It has over 60K now.

Most new stuff doesn't start breaking until 120-150K, and really, if something is going to break, it seems to be within the first 10K miles.

My opinion- Nissan is doing what Hyundai had to do in order to get some attention and to sell otherwise crappy vehicles. The sales on the Titan have been very disappointing for Nissan. It could very well be a good truck underneath that hideous body, but I think it's so ugly that no real man wants to drive the thing. EVEN WITH that special new Diesel engine that was supposed to be all the rage in the 1/2 ton segment. I have only seen one new Titan out and about, and the area I live in has a high truck ownership.

Dash quits working?, headlights quit working? Are these common problems?

You've never driven a dodge have you? ?

Lol.. Go to GM lately... They don't fix it unless they absolutely have too.. And have one of the poorest terms in the business... Even if Nissan is the same level of ignorant as they are at least you have that much longer to be covered before you are out of time. The MSRP's are all completely out of hand so it's really irrelevant.Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk

The prices are ridiculous on trucks right now, my uncle bought a '13 ltz for $36k was at the dealer a couple months ago and a new lt2 with a lot less options then my uncle's ltZ. The sticker price was $55k ?. a few years ago the only trucks in that price range was loaded diesels.

I have had several products from Nissan over the past 46 years. They have all given excellent service, as have their Dealers. I work hard for my money - and don’t pay anyone for a Brand Name. Give me a good product and good service - and you’ll stay high on my “would buy again” list. Even then you have to be competitive with other good products.

I think that today - for Nissan to be viable in the light truck market - they are going to have to be very price competitive, offer a solid product and excel at Dealer Service. Looking at their announced pricing.. I think they are dreaming..
For that matter if Chevy/Ford weren't discounting their MSRP by $8K to $10K they would have a lot of trucks sitting on their lots for long time.
Any way you look at it - for the Consumer - more competition is better.
FWIW,
Carl B.

Archived