Question for all the Mothers and Fathers

Mr_454ss

First off congratulations. You're lives will not be the same but put your best effort into it and you will be greatly rewarded. Some good advise to hear, get plenty of sleep now and eat healthy. Get your bodies ready for the sleepless nights, and multiple times up at night. Know that there will be times when you're both up at the same time and other times trade-off. Remember you're both new at this, and no amount of book reading can fully prepare you, so help and support each other with positive comments and dialog. Take the time now to enjoy each others company whether that is going out on a date night out on the town or simply having a movie night at home, and continue that even after your son is born, it will go along way.

Multiple bases tactic worked great for us, very effective and practical at the same time. Starting out 11 years ago, I was working and my wife was a student, we were constantly driving the kids in our separate vehicles, and we were never on the same schedule so it worked great to be able to swap seats from one to the other. We also got a stroller that allowed the car seat to latch in to place in the stroller, that was very convenient.

Now-a-days, the wife and I went with the http://www.target.com/p/evenflo-procomfort-triumph-lx-convertible-car-seat/-/A-15375291 for out two youngest, which have been working splendidly. No bases so it's a bit of pain when we switch vehicles, but they fit nicely in the back seat of my CCSB, and the middle captains chairs in the van are easy enough to work around. The 5 point harness system is a snap. Now for our little Saturn SL2, I just say nope, I'll drive the truck.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DONESKI! BRO.....Good luck! I have a little time yet myself before I load up my truck and take all that baby,toddler,Child shit straight to the dumpster! argghhh.. JOKE, freaking joke the whole deal~!

• 7 months later...

In my opinion you should go for a convertible car seat. An infant car seat is good but then you would need to upgrade to a convertible car seat in about a year so more money spent. This site http://www.bestconvertiblecarseathq.com/has a very good comparison of baby car seats. I totally liked the chicco it can accommodate a kid from infant but the problem with it is that you would need to buy a booster when the child is about 4 years or so as its expiration is about six years. From a cost perspective the Diono range of car seats may be great since they last from infancy up to about when the kid is about 12 hence you would only need one car seat. The spoiler though is that the car seat is ugly - in my opinion though. The Diono Radian 100 https://www.amazon.com/Diono-Radian-R100-Convertible-Black/dp/B01CL9GERA?th=1 is not that bad looking though.

post-172740-0-98000400-1494583953_thumb.jpg

Archived