Bargain week

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a set of LS9 injectors on Ebay for $200. 56lb/hr @ 58psi. Since I can't seem to find the right spacers for them to fit a non-flex fuel rail (58psi) properly, I will probably get the spacers to make them LS2 height and run them at my 48-54psi in my flex fuel rail, making them in the area of 50-53psi. I will obviously verify my current fuel pressure before I calculate the exact flow rate. Pics will come when they arrive, and I start messing with them. I'm also sweating waiting for vortech to build the inlet assembly that I bought from summit racing. Supposed to be 3 weeks or so. Last time I bought something from vortech, they said 5-7 days, every 5-7 days when I called. Ended up being 18 days. I suppose I am a bad person for expecting some form of efficiency and communication from a multimillion dollar company.

Also, I'm thinking of using an LS9 idler pulley on the supercharger, as it's designed to carry a wider belt, and is still 3" OD. The idea of belt walk has been nagging at me for a while, and the wider pulley should allow more than enough movement of the belt, should the Supercharger pulley overcome the thrust washers on the input shaft. Also, the wider pulley will make it easier for me to come up with an appropriate spacer.

Got a set of LS9 injectors on Ebay for $200. 56lb/hr @ 58psi. Since I can't seem to find the right spacers for them to fit a non-flex fuel rail (58psi) properly, I will probably get the spacers to make them LS2 height and run them at my 48-54psi in my flex fuel rail, making them in the area of 50-53psi. I will obviously verify my current fuel pressure before I calculate the exact flow rate. Pics will come when they arrive, and I start messing with them. I'm also sweating waiting for vortech to build the inlet assembly that I bought from summit racing. Supposed to be 3 weeks or so. Last time I bought something from vortech, they said 5-7 days, every 5-7 days when I called. Ended up being 18 days. I suppose I am a bad person for expecting some form of efficiency and communication from a multimillion dollar company.

Might want to get some adapters for the injectors since the plugs are very different. Last i remember seeing, they were like $8 each

So, lemme see if I have this straight....you're supercharging AND turbocharging a 12 year-old engine with 150,000 miles on it? What are your plans to beef up the rest of the powertrain? The 4L60E is rated at about 345 hp, and the stock 5.3 puts out 325. Nevermind that weak 10-bolt semifloater rear? And the G80 is not exactly tolerant of abuse like burnouts. What about the transfer case?

So, lemme see if I have this straight....you're supercharging AND turbocharging a 12 year-old engine with 150,000 miles on it? What are your plans to beef up the rest of the powertrain? The 4L60E is rated at about 345 hp, and the stock 5.3 puts out 325. Nevermind that weak 10-bolt semifloater rear? And the G80 is not exactly tolerant of abuse like burnouts. What about the transfer case?

It is just a centrifugal supercharger he is adding.

Also a 4L60E will take more abuse than it is given credit for, if tuned right.

Archived