Now want a 2500 HD

Or better yet, let your fingers do the walking and go online and scout out the pickup you are wanting. I did my last two that way. Your favorite dealership can have it brought to them for you. My last three vehicles (one was a 2006 Jeep Liberty diesel), they were brought in to the dealership from elsewhere for me. Still got a very good deal. If you want a '15, you should be able to find something that would fit your pistol and have it brought to your area.

We are looking for one that is around 28feet with at least two slide-outs. The brand that I am looking at has numerous models with weight starting at 10,000 pounds for their 24 feet going up to 18,000 pounds for their 32 feet. I have several options that are in the 26 to 28 feet range that they are willing to customize. So I know that the new truck will be able to haul the new trailer. .

You won't find the payload you are needing by going with a 2500 ( unless it is a bare bones WT ) a 3500 SRW would keep you in the clear, depending on the trailers GVWR.

If it's any help, the 3500 is just as comfortable to drive as the 2500 yet offers more payload to carry your pin weight.

So I drove the 16 2500 LTZ CC Z71 Duramax this morning. That beast had every bell and whistle that anyone could ask for.

I was pleased that it didn't sound like a popcorn machine like the diesels of yesteryear. I was also happy to know that with the glowplug you don't need to warm it up forever before driving it. The throttle was more sensitive than my 1500 and the ride was a bit rougher, but not bad overall. I started out on a rough section of the freeway which I could feel the tighter suspension on the rough roadway, but on the return trip that area of the freeway was very smooth and it rode like my 1500. I now know what you all mean that the 1500s drive like a car. This beast definitely drove more like a truck. Since the controls are almost identical to my 1500, I think that it will be a smooth transition to the 2500 from my 1500.

The dealer didn't have a 3500 for me to drive, so I didn't get to compare the ride and the feel of the 1500, 2500 to the 3500.

The truck is everything I want. The only thing that I would have to add would be the assist steps since I am only 5'1, and a toolbox. I have a toolbox in my 1500 that is only a few months old, so I would most likely just pull that out, and put it in my new one.

Now I really want a bigger beast. :happysad: This truck habit is getting expensive.

Okay, so normally we keep our vehicles forever. As in 20 + years. But a year into my new truck we have decided to purchase a larger trailer that is beyond the towing capacity of my current truck. So now I am in search for a used 2500 that has everything that I have on my 1500.

Here is what I have

2015 LT Z71 with leather seats.

It has the 8 inch nav package w touch screen and Bose speakers.

18 inch wheels and black tubular assist steps.

We want to include the tow package with tow mirrors and the trans cooler.

Everytime I try to find one there is nothing with this combo. Do they exist? Or am I looking for a unicorn?

Will an LTZ include leather and the other stuff?

Finding leather in an LT is very difficult. You can always add leather after the fact.

Archived