Adding GM #23379291 to 2015 Silverado with 8" MyLink....possible?

My wife wants me to add a DVD player to my truck but I can't really find a solution that I like other than adding a factory fold down to the headliner.

Here's the link to the new ones that are coming in the 2015 Tahoes, etc.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.co/chevrolet/tahoe/22966134/2015-year/ltz-trim/5-3l-v8-flex-engine/electrical-cat/entertainment-system-components-scat/?part_name=dvd-unit

What would be required to add one of the factory fold down units other than the unit itself? It's not self contained is it? It is listed as "DVD UNIT" so I didn't know if it had the player/dvd drive built in. Would I need the factory radio to be able to play DVDs? What kind of input is on the fold down monitor? Would I need to replace the radio I have with the radio that has the rear DVD option, i.e. the ones in the Tahoes?

I've searched and searched and can't find the answers. Hoping someone has some info on this.

*I don't really want the headrest ones
*I don't want the "just use an iPad" answer lol

Thanks in advance

EDIT - I put the wrong part number in the topic. here is the correct number GM #

that looks like just the monitor, remote and mounting bracket. i didnt see any wiring, or the actual dvd player itself unless its built into the monitor. i went with an aftermarket flip down with usb/sd card slot, so no need for dvds, i just transfer them to 64G thumb drive and im good. no bulky dvd/cd cases to worry about lol

My wife wants me to add a DVD player to my truck but I can't really find a solution that I like other than adding a factory fold down to the headliner.

Here's the link to the new ones that are coming in the 2015 Tahoes, etc.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.co/chevrolet/tahoe/22966134/2015-year/ltz-trim/5-3l-v8-flex-engine/electrical-cat/entertainment-system-components-scat/?part_name=dvd-unit

What would be required to add one of the factory fold down units other than the unit itself? It's not self contained is it? It is listed as "DVD UNIT" so I didn't know if it had the player/dvd drive built in. Would I need the factory radio to be able to play DVDs? What kind of input is on the fold down monitor? Would I need to replace the radio I have with the radio that has the rear DVD option, i.e. the ones in the Tahoes?

I've searched and searched and can't find the answers. Hoping someone has some info on this.

*I don't really want the headrest ones

*I don't want the "just use an iPad" answer lol

Thanks in advance

EDIT - I put the wrong part number in the topic. here is the correct number GM #22966134

MVI can integrate the factory DVD system into a vehicle which left the factory without it. It's rather expensive and it requires sending your unit in to be reprogrammed.

They also make a smart phone interface kit which supports HDMI or wireless connections. Personally I think it's the hot ticket. You can play YouTube videos, Netflix, Hulu, or any the other video source available on your smart phone.

The 8" can play video files from usb drives, I've done it with an sdcard and it looks pretty decent. It only works while the vehicle is not in motion. MVI can unlock video in motion.

Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the options.

Archived