I have recently installed a K&N 71 series blackhawk intake with an airaid throttle body spacer on my 08 silverado 1500, there are no vacuum leaks and my check engine is on. Could this be from my 02 senor not used to the high flow and not reading right? I also have a magnaflow catback system and was wondering what i should do to fix this problem, ive been told a bung spacer could take the CEL away but wont run optimal and a tune would be the best for my truck so my ecu would recognize all of the new flow going on.

Post your codes. Clear the codes and see if they return. Generally it is a MAF issue after messing with it. Also take POS throttle body spacer out and throw it as far away as you can. The money you wasted on it could have been better spent towards a custom tune.. And no you're not flowing any huge increase in air past your O2 sensor. So not the problem.

Post your codes. Clear the codes and see if they return. Generally it is a MAF issue after messing with it. Also take POS throttle body spacer out and throw it as far away as you can. The money you wasted on it could have been better spent towards a custom tune.. And no you're not flowing any huge increase in air past your O2 sensor. So not the problem.

ive tried clearing the codes and after about ten miles of driving it comes back on, and the are P0171 and P0174, saying i got a lean condition, yet idle is fine, so i doubt any fuel pump or injector issues, and im thinking my computer just doesnt recognize the increased airflow, but im not sure what to do next

You have un-metered air entering the intake, after the maf sensor somewhere.

Either your new intake is leaking (or the gaskets 'ain't right) the air tube, or the MAF is not working right.

It is not "too much flow".

You have un-metered air entering the intake, after the maf sensor somewhere.

Either your new intake is leaking (or the gaskets 'ain't right) the air tube, or the MAF is not working right.

It is not "too much flow."

ive cleaned the MAF checked the intake tube for leaks checked the pcv hose, and cant find the leak

5d28341d748228aa66f8034798a72b1c.jpg

My stock lid managed that which is obviously downstream of the maf. I ended up with shitty economy, dirt everywhere in the intake as well as the intake manifold and 3% fuel dilution in my oil which normally is zero. My truck never acted strange nor ever threw a code... Yours must be pretty bad if you are getting trouble codes so unless you wrecked something on install.. You have one hell of a leak.

Sent from my PURE XL using Tapatalk

I made the mistake of putting a K&N intake kit on my '98 and never had a problem. You're also not getting a ton of extra air flow even if it sounds like you are. I would send the K&N and TB spacer back and just get an Airaid M.I.T. which uses the factory filter box.

As someone else stated, you're probably getting a leak after the MAF sensor. So could be the adaptor that connects the tube to the TB or something to do with the TB spacer not sealing right to the manifold or TB.

It's also not a bad idea to undo the battery terminal for 10 minutes to reset everything.

Archived