E G T Gauge

Thank you for the info.

EJCarter

Called the manufacturer today. They are aware of the issue with using a remote start. No fix or upgrades for this issue in the future. The gentleman that I spoke with did say he believes this issue is only with aftermarket remote starters.

Have you tried it?

Yes, I have tried it numerous times, it doesn't come on. The only way to get it to power up after using the factory remote starter is to do just like BusDriver states above, you have to turn the truck off and then restart it. One would think as soon as you turn the key to "on" after you used the remote starter, especially a factory starter, that it would power up. I also spoke to a tech at Edge and basically received the same response you did, but obviously the issue is with factory remote starters as well. I find myself not using the remote starter as much now as I once did...

Yes, I have tried it numerous times, it doesn't come on. The only way to get it to power up after using the factory remote starter is to do just like BusDriver states above, you have to turn the truck off and then restart it. One would think as soon as you turn the key to "on" after you used the remote starter, especially a factory starter, that it would power up. I also spoke to a tech at Edge and basically received the same response you did, but obviously the issue is with factory remote starters as well. I find myself not using the remote starter as much now as I once did...

That's a bummer, I remote start my truck often.

Guess I'll have to pass.

Thanks for the feedback

Archived