Rough country 3.5" lift kit

Are you gonna go with the performer fox shocks? Teying to gather ideas for my build.

Going with Fox IFP shocks all around. They have them for this lift specifically for my truck. I'm doing 4" front, 2" rear to keep rake.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i feel like this is getting close to thread jacking.... :idiot: bump on my question for the stock key measurement so I can adjust the new ones to the right level.

i feel like this is getting close to thread jacking.... :idiot: bump on my question for the stock key measurement so I can adjust the new ones to the right level.

I apologize about that, however everything pertained to a 3.5"rc lift.. and why didnt you crawl under there and measure it before jacking with it. All lift kit instructions tell you to do this..

I apologize about that, however everything pertained to a 3.5"rc lift.. and why didnt you crawl under there and measure it before jacking with it. All lift kit instructions tell you to do this..

because if you read my post earlier on the first page, you'll see that I said the previous owner cranked them all the way up. So I have no way of knowing where they started stock....

i guess what i mean, is i need the measurement from the stock keys in order to adjust the new ones to the right level

Honestly, I don't think the stock measurement will matter that much. Once you install your rear blocks, you can adjust the front so that it has a bit of rake, or is close to level, whichever you choose. As long as you don't crank it so much that it's nose high, you should be fine.

• 7 months later...

Thinking about this kit but the upper control arms look a little cheap to me or weak. Living in ny I'm wondering if they would hold up to the salty winter roads. Anyone have any experience with this kit in a similar environment ?

For what it's worth, I installed the same kit on my 2012 1500, my son's 2011 1500 and now my 2500HD.

There's nothing cheap about this kit. It addresses the key points for a level at a very affordable price point.

I only cranked mine to 2.5". The upper control arms new angle allow for full downward travel and the diff drop spacers allow for a smaller torsion bar crank to maintain a great close to OEM ride. Plus, it came with new shocks.

Dang. Can't beat that.

I went for it ordered tonight just not a fan of the leaning over look. Plus my old 2500hd reacted to the plow better leveled in my opinion. I have a midnight edition so I will use the stock duratrac tires it came with then go up in size some.

Here’s some tips.

I’ve done three of these. Nothing about this kit is critical or complicated. These tips will just save you some time.

1. don't forget to install the zerk nipples on the UCA, first before installing. (doh!)

2. remember the drivers UCA has a notch in the gusset. place that one on the drivers side before you begin.

3. an impact gun is your friend

4. slightly support the front diff with a jack when loosening four bolts, this will let it drop just a little (3/4"). Do not remove the bolts. (doh!)

5. when you insert the new spacers, go diagonal pattern, then tighten in same pattern

6. use a piece of tape, marked, to measure your fender height on both sides before you crank your torsion bars.

7. when cranking your torsion bars, use a small Millimeter ruler to measure from the key retaining block to the top of the bolt head, This works much better than trying to count number of turns of the bolt. Measure the drivers side and passenger side bolts before you begin.

8. when you install the new keys, make sure the key is not rubbing either side of the rear TB bracket

9. As you crank the t-bars to your desired height, measuring the bolt length as you go, drive the truck around in-between adjustments making sure you flex the front end a bit and re-measure. Your measured fender height will change a little as the suspension settles. After a full day of driving, measure one more time. This is my OCD showing.

The kit is for a 3.5" lift but just I wanted a level so I never used the rear blocks. The front got way too stiff at 3" so I kept it at 2.5". It's firmer than stock but still very nice. Your tire pressure can help with ride comfort as well.

I finished mine last week so I'll try to post some before and after pics.

Throw some before & after pics of your truck if you get a chance.

• 1 month later...

Good info thanks.

just now seeing this... In response to your early question, I live in NY and so far this kit has been through almost 2 winters and I've had ZERO issues with the salt and such, so I'm gonna say you'll be fine!

just now seeing this... In response to your early question, I live in NY and so far this kit has been through almost 2 winters and I've had ZERO issues with the salt and such, so I'm gonna say you'll be fine!

Not to mention all components (except shocks) come with a lifetime warranty if I remember correctly....

Archived