New wheels on the tahoe! Pics

Well, after looking at a million sets of wheels, ordering a set of dub wheels and then finding out they were "3-6 months back-ordered" , canceling those and picking out a new choice, my wife finally figured out which wheels she wanted! Lmao.

We went with the gm accessory ck162's, and I put on 285/45/22 Michelin ltx tires. The ride is smooth, no shaking or vibrating. I've driven quite a few tahoes/burbans with the 22's and bridgestones and the ride is far better with michelins.

image_100.jpg

• 5 months later...

Looks awesome, would love that look on my white 15 suburban LT!

Would you mind giving me your feedback as to how much more firm/ noisy is the ride compared to the stock 18's with bridgestone tires (seeing you have an LT I figured you might have had that setup prior to these wheels)

Also did you get the above GM accessory wheels from gm or are they replicas, I am asking because ofht eprice difference and how easy any gm accessory wheel is easy to find reps for

thanks!

Looks awesome, would love that look on my white 15 suburban LT!

Would you mind giving me your feedback as to how much more firm/ noisy is the ride compared to the stock 18's with bridgestone tires (seeing you have an LT I figured you might have had that setup prior to these wheels)

Also did you get the above GM accessory wheels from gm or are they replicas, I am asking because ofht eprice difference and how easy any gm accessory wheel is easy to find reps for

thanks!

Thanks! She had 20s from the factory, which rode great too. I would say the ride didn't change much going from 20 to 22. Certain bumps now and then feel slightly more harsh, but we are happy with them overall. I will say the Michelins ride very smooth with no shaking, even upwards of 80 mph +.

These are GM wheels. I have figured out you get what you pay for. And with how prone these trucks seem to vibrations and shaking I didn't want to cheap out and have any regrets.

I use to have a set of replica 22s on my sierra with Bridgestones, I never could get those to be 100% smooth, I just assumed it was because of the cheaper wheels. Hope this helps !

Archived