Chevy: All-new V6 With More Power & 8-Speed in '17 Colorado

Gorehamj

I wonder if that 3.6 will bump the 4.3 in the 1500?

the old half tons were too heavy for it.

today.. way out of the question.

A funny thought, my old 1996 k1500 weighs within 300 pounds of the new canyon, and hauls the same weight.

I joked to make a 4bt cummins (3.9) project out of it... a giant older brother, same ideas. :)

I don't know.. People love their Crapotas so even if the Taco is outdated and behind power wise, it still might outsell the GM twins.

I have had 3 GM SUVs and two Dodge trucks, a Ford truck, 4 Toyota Hilux 4x4 trucks and currently have a Duramax diesel truck. I put more than 175,000 miles on each of the Toyota trucks and more than 20% of those miles were offroad and I never had a part fail or a breakdown and only did the recommended maintenance on those 4 trucks. That is why I love Toyota trucks and only went with GM to get a diesel 3/4 ton truck. In Costa Rica the used Toyota Land Cruisers sell for more than much newer American 4WD vehicles and the sellers don't even bother to post the mileage on these vehicles as it really does not matter as demand is so high. There is even a company in California that buys the Land Cruisers in Central and South America and then does a refurbishment and sells them for over $50,000 and there is a waiting list for these vehicles.

I do my own repairs and when you look at how well the Toyota's are built from the ground up you can appreciate why they hold together so well. With American 4WD vehicles I always have to make a lot of modifications before taking them off the pavement and even then I have spent money on frame and suspension repairs that I never needed with the Toyota trucks.

The used car lots where I live only have Toyota trucks on the lot as that is what buyers are looking to buy in a used truck. Only drawback is that Toyotas hold their value quite well so used trucks are not cheap.

Yeah, I don't know... I loved my '97 4Runner. Sold it for $4500 with 165000 miles on it. That was two weeks after picking up my new **loaded** 2015 GMC Canyon SLE. Added an ICON suspension with nice 20" wheels/tires, etc, etc... While it sure looks better that 'ol Toyota, I kinda wish I still had it. I can't stand the way this truck drives. The Canyon doesn't know when to shift, or what gear to be in, and it's even a bit under-powered, I'd say, for 306HP. The vehicle electronics are a joke compared to even the least inexpensive Japanese vehicles on the market... IntelliLink is an abomination - try to use the navigation and the usual response is "Pardon?" Yes, I'm EXTREMELY disappointed. I liked my OLD Chevy Vega more than this damn truck. The only good thing I can say is that I (thought) I got a great deal using my Employee Discount (my brother was GM employee for 35 years...). I'm sure I'll be trading it in soon - and I doubt it will be a new *better* Canyon.

They are glorified grocery getters. You want to tow, get a 1500 or an HD.

I'm not saying it needs to some mid size truck that battles with the 1500. But if you're going to improve the engine and transmission that should improve towing and payload.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm not saying it needs to some mid size truck that battles with the 1500. But if you're going to improve the engine and transmission that should improve towing and payload.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This was done to meet or exceed the CAFE standards.

Archived