GM Crossover Recall - Windshield Wipers Not Compatible With Water

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-21776600-1472492494_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
8-29-2016

General Motors will recall 2013 Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain crossovers because their windshield wiper systems are not compatible with water. The NHTSA recall notice states that "In the affected vehicles, the ball joints in the windshield wiper module may corrode and wear over time, possibly resulting in one or both of the windshield wipers becoming inoperative."

To see if your vehicle is part of this recall, please visit this link. There is no hurry to get to a dealer. GM has not yet found a solution according to the NHTSA information. There is also a recent recall for Equinox related to the key becoming stuck in the ignition. You can read the full details of both here.

GM is not the first major crossover manufacturer to recall its vehicles because water can harm the windshield wipers. Toyota recently Recalled the RAV4 for a similar issue.

that is funny.

given the history of wipers.

I just got my old subaru going yesterday, it is turning 30. Never had a garage. Sat for 18 months with a new engine build.

I get everything going and remembered the wipers.

peculiar similar sound for 60+ years.

they used to be much worse kids.

tractor trailers and 283 tow trucks even resorted to vacuum powered. :)

I would guess what they are dishing out is coming back to bite. Metal does not just corrode to water.

maybe they can half wave the whole system... diode to 30 hertz or something.

my subaru got hit by lightning. right at the wiper. I had a camera rolling. Friendly tickle fingers... but the main bolt was nearly a mile away...

Archived