2016 Silverado LTZ crew cab...horrible ride after 70mph

As the title states, I just purchased this truck and currently have about 400 miles on the clock. Love the truck but when I got on the highway today at approached 70mph the truck started to have a horrible ride. 60-65 the ride is decent. 70mph is just horrible. Can anyone confirm that this is not normal and that this truck should ride smooth no matter what speed. I also noticed the back tires are beginning to have a slight cupping on the outside edge. My guess is all this is not normal. Any input.

As the title states, I just purchased this truck and currently have about 400 miles on the clock. Love the truck but when I got on the highway today at approached 70mph the truck started to have a horrible ride. 60-65 the ride is decent. 70mph is just horrible. Can anyone confirm that this is not normal and that this truck should ride smooth no matter what speed. I also noticed the back tires are beginning to have a slight cupping on the outside edge. My guess is all this is not normal. Any input.

Not normal. I have no issues with my 16 CC LTZ and regularly travel over 75mph.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/153186-Shake-or-Vibration-Issues

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/183075-Spring-Clamps-Reduce-Rear-Vibration

I just could not take the horrible ride once I hit 70 anymore, so I brought it in for service. Leo in mind the truck has 600 miles on it. The dealer has had the truck for 2 days and called me today to pick it up as they said it was fixed. Said issue was a bad tire and the other tires needed to be balanced. Picked up the truck, got on the highway and the vibration is still present. Dealer us me bring the truck back. They said that they feel the vibration and are need more time to figure out why the ride is so bad after 70mph.

In all seriousness, does anyone have a 2016 Silverado LTZ 4x2 with the 20" stock rims ride smooth over 70mph? has anyone been able to have the issue fixed by their dealer? Getting concerned.

I just could not take the horrible ride once I hit 70 anymore, so I brought it in for service. Leo in mind the truck has 600 miles on it. The dealer has had the truck for 2 days and called me today to pick it up as they said it was fixed. Said issue was a bad tire and the other tires needed to be balanced. Picked up the truck, got on the highway and the vibration is still present. Dealer us me bring the truck back. They said that they feel the vibration and are need more time to figure out why the ride is so bad after 70mph.

In all seriousness, does anyone have a 2016 Silverado LTZ 4x2 with the 20" stock rims ride smooth over 70mph? has anyone been able to have the issue fixed by their dealer? Getting concerned.

Not be be rude, but have you looked at the 600+ page thread on the vibration issue with these trucks?

Not to be rude, but yes I looked over the 600 page thread and read about a bunch of people having the same issue,not much about what the dealer did to fix the issue. So, that is why I posted the question, has anyone been able to have the issue fixed by their dealer? If you don't like the post, then just don't click on it.

Not to be rude, but yes I looked over the 600 page thread and read about a bunch of people having the same issue,not much about what the dealer did to fix the issue. So, that is why I posted the question, has anyone been able to have the issue fixed by their dealer? If you don't like the post, then just don't click on it.

Well you obviously didn't read the thread because there have been many members who's vehicles were indeed fixed. Some balancing worked, some new tires, some rear ends or pinions, driveshafts and so on. So the answer to your question lies within but no one here can tell you what's wrong with your truck. You have warranty, and it's Chevrolet's job to take care of you. Although you may be frustrated, it's not nice to start a new topic and then talk down to someone who is trying to lead you in the right direction...

Well you obviously didn't read the thread because there have been many members who's vehicles were indeed fixed. Some balancing worked, some new tires, some rear ends or pinions, driveshafts and so on. So the answer to your question lies within but no one here can tell you what's wrong with your truck. You have warranty, and it's Chevrolet's job to take care of you. Although you may be frustrated, it's not nice to start a new topic and then talk down to someone who is trying to lead you in the right direction...

What he said.

It's known as the Chevy Shake. My 2016 does it with no help from dealer. Apparently, it's what you buy into when getting a K2 GM truck. I know there are possible fixes with bigger ubolts on the springs, different tires and such but my 2008 Sierra was always smooth as butter at all speeds. One expects technology would get better with ride and performance but it seems that's not the case. Always been a GM guy but...come on, Really? 45 grand for a shaky ass truck right off the dealer lot?

Archived