2014 Silverado Lease End

Hey guys, my lease is coming to an end on my 2014 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab. I got a pretty good lease offer on a fully loaded 2016 LTZ Z71 Double Cab.

My question is has anyone regretted going from crew cab to double? I don't really use the back seat too often, no kids, only a dog.

Also is this truck is still a 6 speed. Is it worth waiting for the 8 speed?

Thanks!

Hey guys, my lease is coming to an end on my 2014 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab. I got a pretty good lease offer on a fully loaded 2016 LTZ Z71 Double Cab.

My question is has anyone regretted going from crew cab to double? I don't really use the back seat too often, no kids, only a dog.

Also is this truck is still a 6 speed. Is it worth waiting for the 8 speed?

Thanks!

Personally, even if I didn't have a kid I would still opt for a crew cab, I just find the space a little to cramp in a double cab. That being said, GM seems to give much better lease pricing on double cabs as opposed to crew cabs.

As far as the transmission goes, some people on claim to be having issues with the 8 speed and even had their transmissions replaced under warranty. I had a 6 speed on my 2015 Sierra and didn't have any issues with it, but I do like the 8 speed on my 2016 Silverado.

I've had the double cab since I bought new in 2013 (2014 model GMC). I've hauled adults around pretty comfortably (wouldn't do long trips though) and the extra foot on that bed has come in handy. I do know when the first baby comes around that I'm going to want to upgrade to the Crew though, but for now, and the past 3 years, the longer bed has been worth the smaller backseat.

I thought LTZ/Z71 came with the 8spd? Well, if you don't need the crew cab, go for the double. I have a crew cab and honestly don't need all the cab room, but I like having it for those times where I load up on groceries, my kids are in town and when my dog rides in the back. Extra space never hurts.

Archived