Fixed my 2015 Sierra Headlight issue

Well, after exploring several options to remedy those sub par headlights found on the 2014-15 Sierras I decided to explore trading it in. While I was very frustrated with the Sierra's headlights I was not willing to get screwed over on trade in value and have my payments sky rocket.

After shopping around for about a month I was able to get 20% off MSRP on a 2016 Silverado LTZ Midnight Edition which was less than what I had paid for my 2015 Sierra SLE All Terrain .....they also gave me above Blue Book value for my Sierra and combined with $1600 dollars in GM Card bonus cash my payments only increased by $20/month.

post-50660-0-68485800-1472559471_thumb.jpg

post-50660-0-91686800-1472559478_thumb.jpg

Nice congrats on the new truck. The 2016 chevy's have grown on me. Especially with the monochromatic front ends. Black especially is sharp looking.

Thanks, I'm also a big fan of the monochromatic which is why I originally bought the Sierra All Terrain. At the time I bought it Chevy didn't have any monochromatic trucks and I was unaware Chevy was coming out with the midnight edition only 2 months later. I'm really not a fan of either GMC or Chevy's chromed looking front ends, although the high country's painted front bumper looks good with a chrome grill.

Got to give it to GM, their strategy of if you want to upgrade the lighting of your truck, trade your truck in is getting traction. Love the look of the midnight edition, would hate to attempt to keeping it clean though.

Got to give it to GM, their strategy of if you want to upgrade the lighting of your truck, trade your truck in is getting traction. Love the look of the midnight edition, would hate to attempt to keeping it clean though.

Yeah, good for them, bad for us! To be honest that was leaving a bad taste in my mouth and I looked at buying an F150 just out of principle of not giving GM my money. The only problem was vehicles of the the same price point the Fords had less options compared to the GM's (sprayed in bedliner, Bose speakers, heated power folding mirrors, wireless phone charging etc), not to mention I wouldn't have to buy all new accessories (tonneau cover, weathertech floor mats, GM Borla exhaust) because I can transfer to my new truck.

As for keeping it clean I decided to have a ceramic coating (Optimum Gloss Coat) applied......so far so good, only time will tell.

IDK man, I can say going from your SLE All Terrain to a Midnight edition, you traded up. I agree, unless you get a King Ranch, Platinum or Limited F-150, the GM offers more for the price. The mono look of the Chevy looks great, I wouldn't even consider the new GMCs for this reason. Sick of the chrome front end and all the issues that come with it (chipping and no way to repair without re-plating or replacing the bumper.)

Nice looking trucks. I really like the new front end of the Chevy's now but the big question is did it fix your headlight problem?

YES!!! I am more than satisfied with the LED headlights in my Silverado, they are significantly brighter and have a wider field of view compared to the 15 Sierra.

Or spend $150 on a set of nice HIDS and call it a day.

YES!!! I am more than satisfied with the LED headlights in my Silverado, they are significantly brighter and have a wider field of view compared to the 15 Sierra.

I hear installing a Borla S-Type will make your LED headlights brighter too... :driving:

Congrats on the truck and welcome to the club. Gotta love those taillights too.

Archived