2016 Silverado LT, Front air dam / skid plate?

New to the forum, just picked up a 2016 Chevy 1500 LT 5.3L 6speed 3.42 gearing (traded in my 2005 Z71).

Looking for a DIY or Youtube video on the removal of the front air dam and I want to install a nice skid plate. (Mine came with the stock Plastic skid plates)

I saw some guys running the Muzzulla Skid plate, will this work with a non Z71 truck?

http://mzoffroad.com/2016-chevy-1500-skidplate.html

Are there any other option a available because i still want to retain my factory tow hooks up front as well.

Thanks.

I think I just threw up in my mouth looking at that truck... :sick: ...Gotta remove the grille (remove the top radiator plastic cover, there is a few screws, and clips that hold the grille), remove the bumper (two or four bolts I forget, right on the frame where the bumper meets it) then you can get to all the screws to remove the whole air dam/valance assembly.

The air dam isn't too difficult to remove. You DO NOT have to remove the bumper to remove the air dam. There are several screws holding it to the bumper. The hardest part is getting off a few clips around the frame rails. I built this filler piece for the center and I have the optional GM aluminum skid plates to replace the worthless plastic splash shield.

31BAFF99-C588-4D6C-9E36-20276C522C5E_zps

EF76E324-C7B6-48AC-BE26-E1604F46E23D_zps

• 4 months later...

New to the forum, just picked up a 2016 Chevy 1500 LT 5.3L 6speed 3.42 gearing (traded in my 2005 Z71).

Looking for a DIY or Youtube video on the removal of the front air dam and I want to install a nice skid plate. (Mine came with the stock Plastic skid plates)

I saw some guys running the Muzzulla Skid plate, will this work with a non Z71 truck?

http://mzoffroad.com/2016-chevy-1500-skidplate.html

Are there any other option a available because i still want to retain my factory tow hooks up front as well.

Thanks.

Air dam is easy... Just a ton of screws to remove. I took mine off when I got my truck levelled and I like it much better. Looks more level and gives the extra clearance I wanted. Some may argue it effects your MPG but I didn't notice a significant difference. Here's a picture of it off:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived