Good Deal? 3500 HD

Hello. 1st Post. My small family (me/wife/3yo) are about to full time travel/RV. We are buying a fifth wheel and need something to pull it. I want as much truck as I can get because I'm going to keep it a long time with no intention of having to upgrade. Here is the deal my local dealership offered me. They didn't have white and couldn't find it with the handful of options I wanted. So they located a Silver with most of what I wanted. I still have to buy some accessories and have them installed.

2016 Chevy 3500 diesel dually crew cab 4x4 W/T

Silver

Conv Pkg

Skid Plate

Cargo LED

7" screen/audio upgrade

Spray Bed Liner

Purchasing Extras

Black Emblems

Molded Splash Guards

Remote Start

MSRP

$54,790

+$479 Dealer Fee

They want to give me 18.2% off.

Makes total a $45,339 or so. Plus I have to pay $700 for the extras I mentioned.

This a good deal? I'm not used to dealing with trucks. Suppose to have one of the 12% off tags. Plus a dealer 6% off.

What do you guys think?

I hope the fifth wheel install isn't to much of a big deal either. Thanks!!!

Not a bad price, but ultimately it is up to you if the W/T will feature enough amenities for your family. Usually they are pretty basic trucks as they are intended to be used commercially. With the upgrades you are looking at adding, you might also look at the LT version if they or someone close has one. The add on items you listed may be included in an LT along with some other nice-to-haves. Still, you are the one to turn the key, so-to-speak. We went with basically the same dually, but in GMC and the SLT version as we knew we would be traveling extensively and wanted some additional creature comforts.

Oh boy...do you already have a RV of some type? If not, before jumping into a 5th wheel, PLEASE go out and join some forums for different manufacturers and see what owners are saying about their units. I have a 35' bumper pull right now, but we are looking to move to a 5th wheel in the 40' size next year (hence the 3500HD). If you do not have any past experience in purchasing an RV, then you have some really important reading and studying to do. The current RV industry isn't about quality anymore, they are all about the volume and it isn't unusual for people to break down on the way home from buying the new RV! Seriously. Send me a private message and I'll give you some forums I would recommend and a link to a series of articles written recently about the RV industry. Scary? Yes, we are very hesitant to buy our new rig in today's market and are doing all we can to learn what to avoid. And for God's sake don't believe anything the salesman tells you, they are straight commission! Find out for yourself.

This is just me but if you are going to "full time travel/RV" I don't think that I would get the WT. Those seats get old fast, and what I have found you can up grade them to what you want but at what cost? I would spend a little more and get a better equipted truck if I was going to spend a lot of time behind the wheel day in and out. I've got an SLE that has not been letting grass grow under it and if I could go back in time I would have looked for an SLT just to get some of the upgrades. But that is me, it's your time, money and habits so good luck to you!!!! :jester:

Sounds like a good deal to me. I bought a 2500 6.0 CC 4X4 WT in April. It has the convenience package with the cloth seats and carpet. I paid about $39,000 for it. I am now used to using my phone with the Android Auto app, which gives me google maps and navigation, and I can run my sirius app at the same time. The seats are fine for me. I'm 6'2" 250 lbs and we pull a 26' airstream all over the country.

Well GM definitely loads their work trucks up way better than Ford does,plus they look and ride much better,and i was a Ford guy for years. I didn't need the diesel so got the 6.0,3500 with conv pkg,plow pkg,and a few other things like bk up camera, power mirrors and so on. The seats are great compared to the F350 also. So for $38,6xx vs the F350 that they wouldn't come down on,i though that was decent. With you having the diesel pkg, that sounds like a pretty good deal also for a bit more,go for it. I do need to get the remote start added,that's ~$325 for dealer install,then I'll be set.

Hello. 1st Post. My small family (me/wife/3yo) are about to full time travel/RV. We are buying a fifth wheel and need something to pull it. I want as much truck as I can get because I'm going to keep it a long time with no intention of having to upgrade. Here is the deal my local dealership offered me. They didn't have white and couldn't find it with the handful of options I wanted. So they located a Silver with most of what I wanted. I still have to buy some accessories and have them installed.

2016 Chevy 3500 diesel dually crew cab 4x4 W/T

Silver

Conv Pkg

Skid Plate

Cargo LED

7" screen/audio upgrade

Spray Bed Liner

Purchasing Extras

Black Emblems

Molded Splash Guards

Remote Start

MSRP

$54,790

+$479 Dealer Fee

They want to give me 18.2% off.

Makes total a $45,339 or so. Plus I have to pay $700 for the extras I mentioned.

This a good deal? I'm not used to dealing with trucks. Suppose to have one of the 12% off tags. Plus a dealer 6% off.

What do you guys think?

This dealer has been referenced a lot on this site due to their low advertised prices. Compare what they have to your deal. A lot of their truck are W/T trim whic has the floor 4x4 shifter vs electronic on higher trims.

http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/

I would assume incentives will get better after the 2017 duramax hp and tq specs are announced at the Texas state fair. October is truck month and GM will be wanting to clear inventory soon for 2017 models.

That is my crystal ball prediction ;-)

It also depends on how long you want to wait it out and available inventory etc.

Archived