2017 6.6 adds 40 hp, or so they say...

Maybe this is already out there, but...

Was at GMC dealer last night looking at some 3500 Denalis. Dealer said without hesitation that the 2017 6.6 will be 40 hp above the 2016. We got sidetracked and I forgot to ask him about torque... but either he is full of BS which is possible, or the dealers finally know the specs on the new 6.6.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at GMC dealer last night looking at some 3500 Denalis. Dealer said without hesitation that the 2017 6.6 will be 40 hp above the 2016. We got sidetracked and I forgot to ask him about torque... but either he is full of BS which is possible, or the dealers finally know the specs on the new 6.6.

"He is full of BS". If dealers knew, it would be all over the Internet, they want to sell trucks

"He is full of BS". If dealers knew, it would be all over the Internet, they want to sell trucks

Oh I get that. The surprising thing was, I was interested in a 2016 that they had on the lot. Then he mentioned the 2017s will be here soon and started talking specs.

I definitely take it with a grain of salt, but I'm sure the strong hints are out there. That many GM employees can't keep a secret for long.

Oh I get that. The surprising thing was, I was interested in a 2016 that they had on the lot. Then he mentioned the 2017s will be here soon and started talking specs.

I definitely take it with a grain of salt, but I'm sure the strong hints are out there. That many GM employees can't keep a secret for long.

I hear ya..Lots of speculative numbers floating around out there..I wish GM would just release the info, we're already into September now.

I hear ya..Lots of speculative numbers floating around out there..I wish GM would just release the info, we're already into September now.

I keep hearing about the Texas State Fair for info release.. however that isn't until the very end of the month. I understand they don't want to shoot themselves in the foot on existing 2016 inventory... but come on already. I want to know if it's worth waiting for or not.

Archived