2017 6.6 adds 40 hp, or so they say...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.8 isn't much. They were probably trying to account for it burning some, so added a little extra to keep the levels up. So really, you owe them a thank you.

I've been known to do it a time or two

I hope this is sarcasm.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I hope this is sarcasm.

Yes and no. Yes, I don't know what the tech was thinking

No because I have done it before. When manufactures go 10k oil change intervals with an engine that burns oil and owners that don't even know what a dipstick looks like, much less how to check the oil, a little more to start is always better than running way low

Yes and no. Yes, I don't know what the tech was thinking

No because I have done it before. When manufactures go 10k oil change intervals with an engine that burns oil and owners that don't even know what a dipstick looks like, much less how to check the oil, a little more to start is always better than running way low

Don't overfill. Ever. Unless you know exactly how much oil you can put in before the crank starts dipping into it when it rotates.

-Eli

Don't overfill. Ever. Unless you know exactly how much oil you can put in before the crank starts dipping into it when it rotates.

-Eli

Perhaps I've put my two cents in to an area of a different manufacture that I'm not familiar with. I'll end with in my particular part of the spectrum, .5 over in a 4.5qt system has not shown any problems, and, with an engine that has excessive oil consumption, has prevented several low level problems.

Perhaps I've put my two cents in to an area of a different manufacture that I'm not familiar with. I'll end with in my particular part of the spectrum, .5 over in a 4.5qt system has not shown any problems, and, with an engine that has excessive oil consumption, has prevented several low level problems.

What engine do you have that only requires 4.5qt? My L86 takes 8.5qt, I would never over fill a fluid. Over filling can be just as bad as running low.

What engine do you have that only requires 4.5qt? My L86 takes 8.5qt, I would never over fill a fluid. Over filling can be just as bad as running low.

Every Honda engine in the last 20 years or so, give or take an engine or three.

One can almost obsess so much on being exact that they start to be eccentric to the extreme. As long as the oil level remains between the add and full marks, there is nothing to obsess about and the engine will be just fine. I would really love to have a life that I have so little else to think about that I have time to worry about 1/2 qt. That is almost similar to worrying about tires all being less than 1/2 psi different.

Only 9 more days until the auto show at the Texas fair. Impatiently waiting!

Rumor for the new Diesel is that it'll still be lowest rated at 29,000lb. I hope it's not true as GM really needs to step up their game in the towing capacity realm. I do however hope we see the new 2017 Canyon and Colorado duramax's with the new 8 speed tranny. If that's the case that'll be my next commuter car after I sell this VW back.

Archived