2017 6.6 adds 40 hp, or so they say...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't understand them waiting so long. The 2016s are nearly gone around here. And since Ford is doing a whole re-do and they aren't out yet, GM could take market-share for those sick of waiting.

I just saw a new F250 and the front looked ok but the rear end was hideous.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It looks like it got punched in the ass and was flattened! HAHAHAHA! What a funny looking truck! Just as ugly if not uglier than the 2016 model! The front looks the same! Got punched in the nose by it's bigger GM & Dodge brothers. Has that "C" headlight thing. C is for CRAPPY.

Here is the 2017:

2017-Ford-F-250-FCI-11.jpg?3c5cb4

2017-ford-f-250-07.jpg

LML 397@3000 765@1600

17GM 445@2800 910@1600

Ford 440@2800 925@1800

Ram 385@2800 900@1700

That is the "leaked" numbers circulating the internet today. A nice jump but I gotta wonder a few things.

1. Ford's numbers have been out for a while, why didn't GM tweak their tune for 20ft/lbs more so they could claim bragging rights? Everyone seems to think Ford's numbers will jump to beat gm, maybe gm is leaving some on the table to retaliate if so.

2. Are they making any transmission updates? Are stock trucks gonna be pushing the limits of the stock Allison now? I feel torque management already pulls a ton of power at shifts in my lml. Add 50hp/150lb-ft torque and not significantly strengthen the transmission then surely torque management is hurt performance.

That is the "leaked" numbers circulating the internet today. A nice jump but I gotta wonder a few things.

1. Ford's numbers have been out for a while, why didn't GM tweak their tune for 20ft/lbs more so they could claim bragging rights? Everyone seems to think Ford's numbers will jump to beat gm, maybe gm is leaving some on the table to retaliate if so.

2. Are they making any transmission updates? Are stock trucks gonna be pushing the limits of the stock Allison now? I feel torque management already pulls a ton of power at shifts in my lml. Add 50hp/150lb-ft torque and not significantly strengthen the transmission then surely torque management is hurt performance.

The stock Allison transmission is more than ok. There are tons of guys out there who are deleted and running twin turbos with no problems. Personally I won't believe numbers until I see them from GM. Based on rumors I don't think GM will be top dog. Seems like they'll be 3rd again which is very disappointing.

The stock Allison transmission is more than ok. There are tons of guys out there who are deleted and running twin turbos with no problems. Personally I won't believe numbers until I see them from GM. Based on rumors I don't think GM will be top dog. Seems like they'll be 3rd again which is very disappointing.

Doesn't matter what a paper says, matters what it does on the road...numbers on paper are just that, on paper and have little to do with performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter what a paper says, matters what it does on the road...numbers on paper are just that, on paper and have little to do with performance.

I understand but if you're ever in an accident and you're over the rated limit you're screwed. Plus it'd be nice for GM to finally have some bragging rights in the numbers department.

I understand but if you're ever in an accident and you're over the rated limit you're screwed. Plus it'd be nice for GM to finally have some bragging rights in the numbers department.

Oh, I was thinking you were talking strickly HP ratings, not towing numbers.

My only thought is at what point do you buy a medium duty truck? I know some only tow real heavy once in a while, but...

Numbers for L5P were found Friday on the GM powertrain website, on the 2017 Product Guide.

(ok, it could have been a 'mistake' by whoever included the info on the product sheet, just like the tempararily available RPO code was published on fleet order guide and then taken down -- although the RPO code has since been re-posted)

The Allison was updated to match the LML, Where and If necessary they've probably updated it again..

Oh, I was thinking you were talking strickly HP ratings, not towing numbers.

My only thought is at what point do you buy a medium duty truck? I know some only tow real heavy once in a while, but...

It gets really hard to make a decision when you factor in a dealer like Laura GMC selling 2500HD Denali's for $55k. So do you buy a loaded out 1500 for $45 OTD or a HD?

It gets really hard to make a decision when you factor in a dealer like Laura GMC selling 2500HD Denali's for $55k. So do you buy a loaded out 1500 for $45 OTD or a HD?

I wasn't talking 1500 versus 2500, I was talking 3500hd versus an International, Hino, Freightliner...a true medium duty truck. Just my thoughts...

Archived