2016 2500 hd pulsates when accelerating

snorydermb

Question

I have a 2016 Silverado 2500 cc with 6.0 it has 500 miles on it.since the day I bought it it feels like its jerking or pulsating when accelerating up hills. you can see the tach go up and down when it does it but seems worse when ac is on . any input would be great before I bring it in to the dealer.

mike

13 answers to this question

It's not a towing issue, as I mainly notice it empty during everyday driving. I've been hoping it will get better but it hasn't over time. Seems like it may be a torque converter issue. The best way to describe it is it feels the same as warped brake rotors except it's when you are excelerating instead of stopping.

I didn't imply it was, but that the cause might be the same...sorry for trying to help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Any notice as to what RPMs or what gear it is in? I know that they seem to have the torque converter set up to lock early, like 3rd gear, and it can make for some fishbite feel when you drive it.

I have a 2016 Silverado 2500 cc with 6.0 it has 500 miles on it.since the day I bought it it feels like its jerking or pulsating when accelerating up hills. you can see the tach go up and down when it does it but seems worse when ac is on . any input would be great before I bring it in to the dealer.

mike

I have the same issue in my 16 2500 gasser. There are other threads about the torque converter lockup causing this sensation.

Best way to tell is to give it more throttle until the TC unlocks and it drops a gear and the pulsing sensation will go away. It does for me anyway.

I think they program the TC to lockup earlier to save some gas, otherwise we may be in the single digits.

Mine is also doing the same thing at 1500 miles and has been doing it since new. It's mainly noticeable in 3rd gear accelerating between 2000 and 3000 rpm. It is pretty bad and there's no way it can be considered "normal". It's driving me nuts!! Been holding off thinking it was a "new" thing, but I'm about to bring it to the dealer as well.

Has anyone found a solution for this problem other than its "normal " from the dealer?? After 15,000 miles, I notice that it seems to be worse when you accelerate from a complete stop. Also, when you have the tow/haul on and the traction control off, the surging doesn't seem as bad.

Has anyone found a solution for this problem other than its "normal " from the dealer?? After 15,000 miles, I notice that it seems to be worse when you accelerate from a complete stop. Also, when you have the tow/haul on and the traction control off, the surging doesn't seem as bad.

Have you towed with it? There is a thread about bucking with a heavy trailer that sounds similar to your complaint.

My 2012 has a surging, but only at really low RPM (i.e., chugging), above 2k RPM is smooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

i'm with you. my 17 has done this since the day i brought it home back in July. Its just enough to be annoying. I'm noticing it more when accelerating from a complete stop as well.

It's not a towing issue, as I mainly notice it empty during everyday driving. I've been hoping it will get better but it hasn't over time. Seems like it may be a torque converter issue. The best way to describe it is it feels the same as warped brake rotors except it's when you are excelerating instead of stopping.

Yes that's about the same rpm that mine pulsates.I found a bulletin for a shake or shudder under acceleration but its for the 8 speed tranny.Its the same symtoms im getting including the rpm fluctuation. It was bulletin #PIP5337.Looks like a torque converter issue

Archived