2006 Silverado-Flickering lights, alternator intermittent charging bat

Hey Guys,

I have a 2006 Silverado 1500HD 4WD. Since I bought it, the headlights and ALL interior lights(cluster, radio, cabin lights) have dimmed/flickered while the engine is running.I Figured it was the light switch, and i would replace it when i got to it....

Yesterday, I was idling at an intersection, and all the electronics started seriously dimming and then died. the engine was still running(BARELY) and i was next to a grocery store so i limped it in to the parking lot with the power in and out, and it died. But before it died, the dash read "SERVICE CHARGING SYSTEM" & "SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM".... Thing is, I just re-did the brakes less than a year ago, so I'm thinking it's all related and the brakes are fine.

So far I have checked and cleaned the ground to the frame(down below the battery.... are there other points in need of cleaning??), both battery terminals, the connections in the little red fusable link box to the alternator, and the connection going into the alt. from that box. I also took the Alternator into O'reilly first and it passed. My old battery was a little low, so i just bought a new one as well. The BRAND NEW battery is testing 13.5 while running, with a load or without a load, and tests around 12 while off. I saw something about a MEGA fuse on the passenger firewall, but it is not there on my truck. I watched a YOUTUBE video on a '04, and so i know where it is on that model but mine isn't there.

Has anyone had this problem, and WHAT WAS YOUR SOLUTION?!?!?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: after typing this something occurred to me.... the previous owner had a remote start system installed, which also locks and unlocks the doors. My FOB died so i wasnt using it for about 6 months, but started again about 2 weeks ago. I did not use it at all yesterday or anytime for maybe 3 days before the issues.... could this be causing it? I mean, I'm not using the system while the issues are popping up, and it's low-voltage so my gut says it's not the problem, but maybe?

Archived