Anyone's window applique's loose? flapping?

Anyone with a 2015 or 2016 Yukon had these pieces start coming off? Is there a recall on this? I just bought this certified 2015 Yukon, comes with 12 mos/12k mile bumper to bumper warranty, and noticed these flapping in the wind and causes a buffeting noise going down the highway. I took it to my local dealership (I bought it at another dealership out of town) and they want $912 to fix it! Shouldnt the GM certification warranty cover this if its bumper to bumper? Is there a number or person I can call GM about this? So frustrating.

post-124579-0-48462100-1473259520_thumb.jpg

post-124579-0-35095200-1473259526_thumb.jpg

Anyone with a 2015 or 2016 Yukon had these pieces start coming off? Is there a recall on this? I just bought this certified 2015 Yukon, comes with 12 mos/12k mile bumper to bumper warranty, and noticed these flapping in the wind and causes a buffeting noise going down the highway. I took it to my local dealership (I bought it at another dealership out of town) and they want $912 to fix it! Shouldnt the GM certification warranty cover this if its bumper to bumper? Is there a number or person I can call GM about this? So frustrating.

This is a fairly well known issue. Mine have been replaced twice under warranty. Two friends with 2015 Tahoe and Suburban had theirs replaced also under warranty. I believe the parts were updated from the original. As far as buffeting, there is another thread that will take you days to read through...

Mine were fixed under warranty 2 times then the third time GM specified that it should be glued or affixed in not using the clips my service guy stated. VERY common issue, as they couldn't keep them in stock! The 3M fix has worked w/ no further issues. The clips were the problem.

• 1 month later...

They have fixed mine twice under warranty on my 2015 Suburban. I actually only found 1 flapping, but they did all four. However, the issue is so big, the parts are always on back order. Last time, it took a month to get them in. They used double sided tape this last time. Fingers crossed.

And yes, they wind noise is how I found the issue. Once fixed the wind noise went away.

Warranty is only good to 36,000 mile though. Just hope it doesnt happen again down the road.

Edited by ckmansell

• 1 month later...

I have had the issue where they were loose and repaired or replaced by dealer under warranty. However, on a recent road trip, I was experiencing the cabin to be loud with aggravating wind noise. The appliques were all loose. Im wondering if noise is related to this? While driving around 70 mph, I could see the drivers side applique on the rear window actually bowing in the middle. My 200 mile ride was very annoying with this sound. I wouldn't want to drive this 2015 Yukon SLT on a longer trip. I have just over 14K miles and bought the vehicle new in March of 2014. Has anyone had success with a remedy? Could the loose appliques cause this noise? I really though a win down was stuck open.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a 2015 Denali shorty, 2 wheel.  The appliques started flapping this summer at about 38K miles - just out of warranty.  I live in the southwest and it gets darn hot!   The adhesive used to secure the clip to the applique broke down.   There are two clips: a circular one at the top and a rectangular one at the middle.  I went to my dealer and was told I'm SOL on the warranty coverage.   They were set on replacing the five sections that were loose.  At a cost of $600 plus.  No thanks. 

I picked up some heat resistant cement/bond, applied it to the clip/applique surfaces and it has solved the problem for now.  I'll update after some weather exposure and a few washings. 

Folks,  I have a 2015 Tahoe bought it certified pre-owned with 8 months coverage left on it with this supposedly "limited bumper to bumper warranty."  I have only driven the car 5000 miles to do this date since ownership and the appliques are already falling off causing a major rattling noise anywhere above 50mph.  I took my tahoe to the dealership and they wanted over $500 to replace three of the appliques.  Therefore,  I have opened a ticket with GM,  and it took the representative 3 weeks to finally get back to me and say its not covered.   Their reasons for it was that it is completely external.  My reply to them was this was a component that was checked under the 192 point inspection and is falling off the frame of the vehicle.  Then I bring up the GMcertified site which says " When we say "no worries," we really mean it."  However it seems the first issue you bring to them,  they will try their hardest to not cover it.  Even if you ask GM to show you where this is not covered in writing they will not be able to provide an answer.  I have even asked them to send me an email to tell me why it was denied in which they refused to do so also!   Their motto was they do not send information in writing.

This is not a difficult fix,  but if your like me and your car comes a certified warranty for 12 months I would expect GM to come up with a better solution.    What we need is some kind of class action lawsuit suit going on here as this has affected way too many GM owners and it is frustrating with GM's terrible customer service.

20180731_0822.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:28 PM, seamus2154 said:

Mine were fixed under warranty 2 times then the third time GM specified that it should be glued or affixed in not using the clips my service guy stated. VERY common issue, as they couldn't keep them in stock! The 3M fix has worked w/ no further issues. The clips were the problem.

These things are JUNK! Wasted so much time getting them fixed while under warranty on our 2015 Tahoe, and now paying through the nose and wasting even more time sitting in the dealership waiting room and since it's out of warranty it's not free anymore.  What is the "3M fix"?  I'm so ready to get rid of this and never buy another GM product again.  Popping steering column issues keep coming back and i'm afraid to hear how much that will be.. Been sitting in the waiting room here at my dealership for 2.5 hours now and they haven't even begun to start on that one which will be the 2nd time it's started popping.  Frustrating!

12 minutes ago, Russ Rimmerman said:

These things are JUNK! Wasted so much time getting them fixed while under warranty on our 2015 Tahoe, and now paying through the nose and wasting even more time sitting in the dealership waiting room and since it's out of warranty it's not free anymore.  What is the "3M fix"?  I'm so ready to get rid of this and never buy another GM product again.  Popping steering column issues keep coming back and i'm afraid to hear how much that will be.. Been sitting in the waiting room here at my dealership for 2.5 hours now and they haven't even begun to start on that one which will be the 2nd time it's started popping.  Frustrating!

I had the steering clunking issue also in my 2015. There is a TSB on it they know all about it, they change out some parts in the steering column. They must affix them differently now because I am 14 months now and not one issue with my 2017. The 3M fix is a 3m exterior double sided tape which is grey. The double it up as needed to be correct width. It is very sticky and made for outside use. They sell it at Home Depot in paint department near tape. It is for automotive use.