Every Full Sized GM Truck & SUV Model Recalled- Driver Killed

Gorehamj

It doesn't matter if you put the tune back to stock, if they look they will find it in the history that it's been tuned. The way I figure, if you spend the money for a tune I don't think you're all that worried about the warranty, or at least you shouldn't be. Of course I don't know how they will do it, but I would think just because they're upgrading that one module that since everything seems to be all linked together that they might see it's been tuned. I don't see how a tune will effect an airbag recall, or any recall anyways.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter if you put the tune back to stock, if they look they will find it in the history that it's been tuned. The way I figure, if you spend the money for a tune I don't think you're all that worried about the warranty, or at least you shouldn't be. Of course I don't know how they will do it, but I would think just because they're upgrading that one module that since everything seems to be all linked together that they might see it's been tuned. I don't see how a tune will effect an airbag recall, or any recall anyways.

I personally am not worried about them seeing the tune rather if they reset the ecm then there goes my tune

I personally am not worried about them seeing the tune rather if they reset the ecm then there goes my tune

From what I've read, all they're doing is reprogramming one module. I doubt they will have to reset the ECM. I would think it's no different than I believe a reprogram with something to do with the transfer case a while back.

From what I've read, all they're doing is reprogramming one module. I doubt they will have to reset the ECM. I would think it's no different than I believe a reprogram with something to do with the transfer case a while back.

Yeah I got that, I just like being overly precautious lol. Mine will have to be replaced considering my airbag deployment back in May, which I'm not sure if they have to link it to the other computers on the truck or just replace it and be on their way

Great #@!! - In March Takata notified GM that they had issued a recall on the airbag inflators in my 2011 2500HD and 6 months later the folks at GM customer assistance center cannot tell me when I will be able to get my truck fixed. Defective Takata inflators sill send metal shrapnel flying through the cab even if you are in a fender bender but GM is taking the common approach of hoping this will all die down before they have to spend the money to have the defective inflator fixed. I am avoiding driving my truck until the defective inflators are replaced.

My next truck is going to be a Toyota.

Great #@!! - In March Takata notified GM that they had issued a recall on the airbag inflators in my 2011 2500HD and 6 months later the folks at GM customer assistance center cannot tell me when I will be able to get my truck fixed. Defective Takata inflators sill send metal shrapnel flying through the cab even if you are in a fender bender but GM is taking the common approach of hoping this will all die down before they have to spend the money to have the defective inflator fixed. I am avoiding driving my truck until the defective inflators are replaced.

My next truck is going to be a Toyota.

I hear they have sticky gas pedals....

It only takes a few minutes to revert back to stock. Wouldn't you rather be on the safe side because yes, if they did reset the ECM you would have to pay for another tune. I always err on the side of caution. But that is just my opinion...

But I am worried that they will try and do the seat-belt fix at the same time. I don't like the hack job that I have seen photos of.

It only takes a few minutes to revert back to stock. Wouldn't you rather be on the safe side because yes, if they did reset the ECM you would have to pay for another tune. I always err on the side of caution. But that is just my opinion...

But I am worried that they will try and do the seat-belt fix at the same time. I don't like the hack job that I have seen photos of.

what are they doing to the seat belts? (of topic, but my driver seat seems to be just a hint off kilter...is this common or am i just getting old and off kilter myself?

Thanks for posting this info...brand new truck...and already a recall...neat.

This from my GMC Owner Center........................

The following recalls have been found for your 2015 GMC Sierra 1500

• VIN: 3GTU2WEJXFG385xxx
  • Results last updated: Sep 09, 2016

Recalls and/or programs for your vehicle in which repairs have not been completed are listed below.

Safety & Non-Compliance Recalls
  • GM Recall #:
  • NHTSA #
  • Date Issued:
  • Sep 08, 2016

Recall Title:

Frontal Airbag And Pretensioner Non Deploy

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2014-2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado LD, GMC Sierra LD, Buick Encore, Chevrolet Trax, Chevrolet Caprice Police, and Chevrolet Corvette vehicles, 2014-2016 model year Buick Lacrosse, Chevrolet Spark EV, and Chevrolet SS vehicles and 2015-2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado HD, GMC Sierra HD, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade Cadillac Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Suburban, and Chevrolet Tahoe vehicles. The sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) in these vehicles, which controls airbag and pretensioner deployment, contains a software defect which may prevent the deployment of frontal airbags and pretensioners in certain rare circumstances. If the frontal airbags and seatbelt pretensioners do not deploy when required, there is an increased risk of injury to occupants in a crash.

Safety Risk Description:

If the frontal airbags and seatbelt pretensioners do not deploy when required, there is an increased risk of injury to occupants in a crash.

Repair Description:

Reprogram the SDM with new software that eliminates this defect. In vehicles with any previous deployment events recorded in the SDM, the dealers will replace the existing SDM with a new SDM containing the latest software.

Recall Status: INCOMPLETE

Archived