A new 2500 HD is in the driveway

After talking for a few weeks about getting a 2500 to pull our future trailer we decided to go for it. When Chevy came up with the 0% financing that sealed the deal for us. ( I LOVE using OPM. )

The new truck solves the few problems that we have with the 1500. The DC wasn't working for us with car seats. With another grandbaby on the way in 3 months, it was going to be a nightmare with two little guys crammed in the backseat. So the new one is a CC.

We are upgrading our trailer in the next year or two. The current one isn't working for us. It is too small and we want one with slide-outs. So our only option was to get the 2500 HD to pull a heavier trailer. Also this truck has tow mirrors. YES! I kicked myself for days after buying my 1500 without the tow mirrors.

My husband has a bad back and the passenger seat in my LT wasn't cutting it. But since I got the LTZ he will have the totally adjusted lumber support seat.

Congrats :thumbs: Got any pics?

Nope, We got home too late with it last night.

Congrats on the new truck! Did you get the gas or diesel?

Diesel. I know that it is the best engine for towing, but I am having nightmares about me screwing up at Costco and putting in regular gas instead of diesel fuel. This is my first diesel. So, I have much to learn about this engine.

Nope, We got home too late with it last night.

Diesel. I know that it is the best engine for towing, but I am having nightmares about me screwing up at Costco and putting in regular gas instead of diesel fuel. This is my first diesel. So, I have much to learn about this engine.

Don't worry. It'll become habit after the 2 or 3 fill-ups! I've also found that most diesel pumps are far faster than their gasoline counterparts. Makes filling the 36 gallon tank much quicker.

Don't worry. It'll become habit after the 2 or 3 fill-ups! I've also found that most diesel pumps are far faster than their gasoline counterparts. Makes filling the 36 gallon tank much quicker.

Congrats on the new diesel truck! Not to rain on the parade, but it may be best to not fill up with diesel fuel too quickly. A quote from the 2016 Duramax manual warns:

Refueling Diesel fuel can foam when filling the tank. This can cause the automatic pump nozzle to shut off, even if the tank is not full. If this happens, wait

for the foaming to stop, and then fill the tank more slowly."
I guess at worst, you could end up with a not-filled tank, believing otherwise, and driving off 1/2 full (or 1/2-empty, depending on your outlook :noway:).

Congrats on the new diesel truck! Not to rain on the parade, but it may be best to not fill up with diesel fuel too quickly. A quote from the 2016 Duramax manual warns:

Refueling Diesel fuel can foam when filling the tank. This can cause the automatic pump nozzle to shut off, even if the tank is not full. If this happens, wait

I guess at worst, you could end up with a not-filled tank, believing otherwise, and driving off 1/2 full (or 1/2-empty, depending on your outlook :noway:).

So far, little foam and no issues. Being used to diesels helped keep that in mind, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Too busy to read the diesel booklet right now. I'm busy cleaning and taking pics of my 2015 to sell it. I am going to cry when I sell it. But do NOT want to make double truck payments. :nonod:

It has been my first real truck. I love it more than a person should. IMHO Slate Gray is the perfect color. The new one is silver, so I am adjusting. I am under the impression that if I had purchased the 2500 straight out of the gate, I would have hated it. It would have been too big of a leap for me. So the 1500 was a good "starter" truck for me, to get me accumulated to size, controls and abilities of the Silverados. The 2500 has a bit rougher ride, and seems like beast compared to the 1500. But almost all of the controls for radio, climate and DIC are the same. So it is very familiar, but still with a new truck experience.

Hi thank you for the posts. I am still trying to read the details in my book about diesels. Much to learn. And I am getting my 1500 ready to sell.

I think that I am becoming an expert on getting tree sap off of my trucks. This time I didn't catch it in time and it harded. Had it cleaned several times at the car wash and it still wasn't coming off. So hubby and I went out this morning to see if we could get it off without ruining the paint job or the protective coating. Cleaners didn't work. So finally my husband decided that he was going to use a credit card to scrape it off. Figured that the plastic would not damage anything while still being able to remove the tree sap. He is a genius. It was like a Easter egg hunt finding all the spots with the sap. I lost track, but there were at least 15-20. Some were bigger than others. I took it to the car wash. Now that it is clean, we are going to go back over it to make sure that we got them all. Also cleaned out the tool box and the glove box. Next week it will go in for the airbag recall and the oil change. Hopefully I will sell the 1500 before I am making 2 truck payments. :tear:

I've had good luck with Goo Gone Automotive.

They tried that at my car wash, but by the time I got the truck to the car wash the sap had hardened. It didn't help that it was over 100 degrees during that time span. So the sap really got baked in. Normally I would have disconnected the truck from our trailer and taken it to the car wash that day. But we came home from the camping trip early because I got really sick. So I wasn't going anywhere. In fact, hubby drove home. That was the farthest that he had ever driven my truck. But the credit card worked really really well. And it didn't even cost me a dime. LOL The trees of the southern Sierra Nevada Mountains are dying. They are leaking sap everywhere. Sometimes it feels like it is lightly raining. It is going to take over 100 years for this area to recover from this damage from the drought and the bark beetle infestation.

Thanks for the info. Too busy to read the diesel booklet right now. I'm busy cleaning and taking pics of my 2015 to sell it. I am going to cry when I sell it. But do NOT want to make double truck payments. :nonod:

It has been my first real truck. I love it more than a person should. IMHO Slate Gray is the perfect color. The new one is silver, so I am adjusting. I am under the impression that if I had purchased the 2500 straight out of the gate, I would have hated it. It would have been too big of a leap for me. So the 1500 was a good "starter" truck for me, to get me accumulated to size, controls and abilities of the Silverados. The 2500 has a bit rougher ride, and seems like beast compared to the 1500. But almost all of the controls for radio, climate and DIC are the same. So it is very familiar, but still with a new truck experience.

Congrats on the truck, your going to love the DMax and Allison!...Its funny after years of driving HD Diesels, I actually purchased a 1500 Denali "wannabe/starter" truck..LOL. Good and bad about both, really depends what you need the truck for

congrats on the new truck! we went from a half ton double cab to the 1 ton crew with 6.6 duramax recently. Same reasons - we have our own baby on the way (not grandchildren - ;) ) and needed space for a car seat. We also got a travel trailer that would be pushing the half ton to the limits payload-wise. Getting the diesel was the best thing we could have done. Towing it is totally enjoyable.

Archived