How to turn off Auto Headlights on 2016 GMC 2500hd

On my 2017 2500 the light switch has like 4 positions, auto, off to the left, all on to the way right, and a running light selection in the middle position. Just the running lights are on, tail, side marker, and mirror lights. I can drive with the lights in this position, they don't go up to the "on" setting setting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 11:29 PM, Camren Ondang said:

You just need a 680ohms resistor plugged into the sensor on the top of the dash. Pull the stereo out pop the sensor down plug resistor in, tape if you want, put back together and all done. I did it to my 2015 duramax and I disabled my DRLs as well. I did this a couple years ago no issues

whenever you did this modification did you also disable the auto light feature? Do you have to manually turn your lights on when its dark outside? 

On 7/14/2020 at 9:33 AM, Juicie said:

whenever you did this modification did you also disable the auto light feature? Do you have to manually turn your lights on when its dark outside? 

That is what disables the auto light feature. Yes, I prefer turning my own lights on and off