TURN OFF the Seatbelt Chime

Dan West

My bro in law took a piece of plastic about the same thickness as the seat belt latch and cut it out the same shape. He leaves it plugged in all the time and never uses his sear belt......... I'm a big believer in seat belts and never travel without one.

Their is not an option to turn off the seat belt chime in a GM truck but I wish there was. My Ford work truck has the option and it comes in handy for me because I am offroad quite a bit in that truck and have to hang my head out of the window for tire placement. In my chevy it would come in handy because of all the gates I go through during hunting season or helping friends/family on their farms where I am constantly in and out of my truck and driving at slow speeds.

• Like 1

If you're asking because it's too loud, the dealer has a fix. (Some say this doesn't work, but it worked great for me.) If there is a unique situation that regularly requires you driving without a seat-belt then the end of a compatible seat-belt or end of an extender sounds like a good idea. I really can't see a situation where I would be riding without a seat-belt long enough to let the chime bother me!

If you're asking because it's too loud, the dealer has a fix. (Some say this doesn't work, but it worked great for me.)

I'm calling my dealer today!

The only thing I've been able to find is to pull the key out and stick it back in.

Obviously that only works if the engine is off.

Edited by HawkeyeSierra

Be careful if you disable the chime, it also alerts when fuel low, keys in (obviously) and possibly other incidents.

Long time ago I knew someone that disabled a key chime, which also disabled a low oil warning chime (two stroke boat) wound up blowing the motors because oil ran out with no warning. Not saying this would happen to you, but just a heads up that there's other reasons for the chime, not just seatbelt

I use a seat belt extender when I am hunting to disable the chime, leave it plugged in and I dont have to worry about the chime going off when I start truck too and scare something off. The dealership will give them to you for free even, I got two so I can plug one in the passenger side too, sometimes the dog sets that one off...

I use a seat belt extender when I am hunting to disable the chime, leave it plugged in and I dont have to worry about the chime going off when I start truck too and scare something off. The dealership will give them to you for free even, I got two so I can plug one in the passenger side too, sometimes the dog sets that one off...

First time our dog set off mine, I didn't realize the lights are on the upper console thingie. I heard dinging and figured it was from dog sitting in the front passenger seat but I couldn't locate a flashing light anywhere on dash. Then I panicked and started thinking something else was wrong. The flashing light finally caught my eye. Seems like an odd place for it.