First heavy tow with 6.6

I rented a big electric dump trailer today, with a max loaded weight rating of 14000 pounds.

I have always had 1/2 tons, and with high tow ratings, but this thing tows so well I couldn't believe it.

My 2500 HD with the Duramax feels SO much more competent than anything I've had before.

I was really impressed.

I've never needed a diesel so I don't have any personal experience. I've driven a Duramax once as a test drive just for the hell of it. It was used and I believe an '06. I of course only being used to commercial truck diesels I kind of assumed it would be slow. I floored it to get onto Interstate 95 and it accelerated no different than a gasser. So I can only imagine the current Duramaxs. Plus you got to love the turbo, both the whine and the blow off.

But, now a days it's not hard to get more power and TQ out of diesels. Even a simple tune can do a lot. Really the only downside to a diesel is the routine maintenance, but as long as you need the diesel then it's worth it.

Glad to hear it did well. The HD's really are a whole different animal.

Animal is a good description. I call mine the beast. I can't believe how much power it has. I have had it less than two weeks. I cannot wait to tow with it. I hate the 500 mile break in for towing. But once I get past that I will be so happy.

Archived