Pricing on a '16 HD Gasser

Probably the wrong sub forum but the pricing thread has 135 pages and I'm going to go to the dealer tomorrow. lol

I've drove Tundras since 2004 and am completely out of the loop on GM pricing.

I found a 16 2500 that stickers for $52,115 and they told me $42,500 would buy it.

Seems good because that is cheaper than the GM employee discount that I am eligible for.

Also, been reading about a $1000 extra voucher?

Thanks for any help and advice.

My dealer order, just the truck I wanted, backin June (gas, Ltz, cc). The truck arrived in July but he suggested I wait on better incentives before I actually purchase the truck. The truck has a 56000 sticker price and the dealer seems to think I can buy it for close to 46000 if I wait. He keeps telling me GM hasn't changed anything and let's wait another month. I'm now waiting till October 1st for "better incentives". I'm not sure if I'm getting the run around or if he's truly sincere about trying to save me the extra cost. Any input from you guys here would be appreciated

On a new HD most here did NOT get 18% off MSRP (my opinion), thought now the 17's have arrived the 16's will have to be pushed ...

I hope I can get 18% off MSPR when I buy a new HD in the future ... even a left over

And another 2% is only about $1000 more off

get it while you see it if it's the one you like - the 17's will not be discounted like the 16's

Tough dealers here in the New England area :-(

I just picked up a 2016 Sierra 2500HD SLE on a red tag special 20% off. Sticker was 52 got it for 42. I have been doing a lot of shopping online and at dealers. From what found out is that each dealer gets only so many red tags from GM. They have to sell the red tags before they can another one from GM. So they are limited, so if you see one on a truck you like better jump on it. Who knows when ever you will see 20% off an HD again. From what I have seen HD trucks do often get any rebates at all.

I just picked up a 2016 Sierra 2500HD SLE on a red tag special 20% off. Sticker was 52 got it for 42. I have been doing a lot of shopping online and at dealers. From what found out is that each dealer gets only so many red tags from GM. They have to sell the red tags before they can another one from GM. So they are limited, so if you see one on a truck you like better jump on it. Who knows when ever you will see 20% off an HD again. From what I have seen HD trucks do often get any rebates at all.

I heard the (only 2) Red Tags was for he 2 oldest NEW vehicles in that category on the lot .... (?)

Dealer told me that is true sometimes when GM picks what they are to red tag. Sometimes the dealer can pick what to red tag. I believe my tuck was on the lot for some time, but with that much off I don't care

I'm in the same boat, dealer has the truck I want but they told me they would call me when they get the right incentives from GM.

Completely different game.

When do they think you are going to get the best incentives and how much are you hoping for. My dealer is saying the middle of October is about the best it's going to get (for him) and he's offering me 16.5% off the sticker price.

When do they think you are going to get the best incentives and how much are you hoping for. My dealer is saying the middle of October is about the best it's going to get (for him) and he's offering me 16.5% off the sticker price.

The impression I got was they would know the first week of October what the incentives would be, they have no given me any numbers but I am hopeful to be close to $10k off.

I have had good luck with simply getting a written quote from the cheapest dealer in the country for the exact vehicle that I want and take that to your local dealerships until you find one that will meet the deal or at least come close enough that you see the value in not having to go get your new vehicle out of state. If they will not deal then fly out to your great quote place and drive your truck home. Note: this process is much easier if you are a CASH Buyer and getting an OUT THE DOOR PRICE. When you start fooling around with financing/tradeins/how much is monthly payment crap etc. then the dealerships are the experts and well practiced and will probably slide one deeply into you before you get the deal done. Are you paying CASH or not?

I tried a cash deal earlier this year and could get nowhere close to 20% off. Every once and awhile they will have a good deal because of the length of time it has been on the lot. I have seen those red tags on a couple trucks before. If you get anywhere near 20% off I would pull the trigger!!

Archived