Xenon Depot LEDs

Any chance of getting a pic on a road having the lights illuminating a sign down the road?

I'm home for tonight but I'll try to get one on my way home from work tomorrow. I wasn't paying much attention to sign illumination tonight but that is a good point.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance of getting a pic on a road having the lights illuminating a sign down the road?

d97d7cbe115c4eb85e29a76399250a4a.jpg

Here's a picture of the sign illumination. The red signs are about 250 feet away. Not much light up high but it's a projector so it gives the nice sharp cutoff.

• 1 month later...

Those look pretty good, Emtmtb! I just got finished installing mine. I also bought the canbus, but installed without using them. I had to put the canbus in as the lights would shut off. I left the truck in the street running with the LEDs on so I could see what they looked like as I moved my Mustang back into the garage. In that short time they had shut off. If I turned the lights off and back on again, they lit up, but would shut off a few minutes later. I put the canbus filters in and let it run with the lights on while I changed the oil in my wife's Jeep (ugh, who designed the filter location??) and they stayed on.

I had the Morimoto HID kit installed for about a year and a half, but I started having trouble with the lights not turning on, individually, at times. I'm sure these LEDs won't be as bright as the HIDs. but if they are brighter than the stock halogens I'll be happy.

Elzie- thank you! Glad to hear they're working well with the canbus installed.

I did end up raising my headlights 2.5 turns up on the adjustment screw. Much more usable light that way. Haven't been flashed either.

Also installed the Morimoto XB fog lights last week. They are awesome! Huge difference from the stock fog lights which basically do nothing.

Here's a couple pictures with the led lows and Morimoto fogs.

Fogs only

e9f8f4dd2972e6ce76bc9e553a73541a.jpg

Lows and fogs

c11e0ee60d7651bec1854dbe199fff31.jpg

Lows and fogs at angle

b474bc7f8fc5b1074d04f34fdb8f4892.jpg

Those look pretty good, Emtmtb! I just got finished installing mine. I also bought the canbus, but installed without using them. I had to put the canbus in as the lights would shut off. I left the truck in the street running with the LEDs on so I could see what they looked like as I moved my Mustang back into the garage. In that short time they had shut off. If I turned the lights off and back on again, they lit up, but would shut off a few minutes later. I put the canbus filters in and let it run with the lights on while I changed the oil in my wife's Jeep (ugh, who designed the filter location??) and they stayed on.

I had the Morimoto HID kit installed for about a year and a half, but I started having trouble with the lights not turning on, individually, at times. I'm sure these LEDs won't be as bright as the HIDs. but if they are brighter than the stock halogens I'll be happy.

I'm also having the same issues with my HiDs, sometimes it will turn individually not both at the same time. Anybody know how to fix this ?

I'm also having the same issues with my HiDs, sometimes it will turn individually not both at the same time. Anybody know how to fix this ?

Papi, when I first put my HIDs in I had the same problem as I'm having now. I had to replace a ballast to fix it. When I got the problem recently, it was intermittent. I had a feeling I'd be replacing the ballasts again so I opted to go the LED route.

I bought a set of Putco nite-lux LED style knockoffs to try in my highs and lows of my 2016 3500HD and they are fantastic. Clean cutoff, wider pattern and the output is much better. No flicker, no problem and everything fits behind the dust cap. The led has woven braiding loops for a heatsink instead of a small fan and metal heatsink. You fan the braiding out and they seem to work well.

The knockoff brand is "s7 led" purchased through the Wish app on Android (probably iPhine too?) All direct from China stuff but aside from it taking a few weeks everything I've purchased has been as described.

I can post pics later, but this is my first reply to all the reading I've been doing. The headlight switch was high on my list. It's a shame they drop the ball on such simple things here and there.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just ordered mine for the lows and fogs. I had them in my '14 1500. What a difference! Never had any heat issues with the Canbus inside the housing. The lows were 6k's and the fogs were 5k's. Got one of each to see which I liked better then got lazy and just left them instead of matching them. Personally I liked the 6k's better.

New sets should be here Tuesday. Talked to Danny at Xenon Depot yesterday (great kid) about the new low beams only coming in 5700. Asked which fogs would match better 5k or 6k. He said the feedback he's gotten is that the 5k's match better. I figured since it's only 300 off from the color I like better I'd go against his advice and go with the 6k's. If they don't match I have an extra set of their fogs anyhow in 5k.

Install next wknd, pics to follow if I can figure out this size thing. Won't let me attach my head light pics because they're too big

Waiting for it to get dark. Just installed the xenon Depot low beams.

Question...is it possible to install the H11 sideways? I won't know until later but the beam looks like it's tall and low but not broadcast sideways much. I know they're adjustable but 90° off seems a bit much.

Have I just gotten lucky in the past with installing these? Never had projection lenses but still.

• 5 weeks later...

I just want to give a bump to xenon depot. I ordered the xtreme LED H11's for the low beams in my 2017 2500. They are glorious. I also got the xtreme LED 5202 fogs in 6000K. They look great together. Much better than the stock ones. High beams I went with the Philips Crystal Vision Ultra halogens. I also ordered 921 and 194 Philips for license plate lights, reverse lights and cab lights. Oh, Canadaaa!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived