EGR Superguard install

Hi guys,

looking into a hood shield for my 15 Silverado. I tried the AVS bugflector 2 and it really didnt fit well especially the park with the double sided tape. I also did not like the clips. From some other posts on here, looks like I am not the only one who had issues with the AVS.

The EGR superguard looks nice and I like the fact it wraps under the hood and uses existing screw holes instead of tape and clips. I saw a couple posts on here from people who like the EGR, and might order one.

I just have one question about it. On Youtube, they show the install and the guy removes and leaves off the rubber gasket on the under side of the hood in order to install the EGR shield. In the comments, people said this is incorrect and that the gasket is supposed to stay. Can anyone who has installed one of these confirm that the rubber stays on the underside of the hood? If so, what is the install procedure for the bug shield? I do not wish to permenantly remove the rubber gasket.

Thanks

Jeff

I have a Stampede and it doesn't use tape and don't need to drill holes. All you do is take out the clips that need to come out from the weatherstrip at the front of the hood and replace with them the clips that came with the deflector. I wondered about how the clips would hold it and after over than 2 years it hasn't budged.

I actually kind of like the stampede a bit better than the EGR because the ends extend over the fenders a bit instead of ending at the hood. I actually have a rock chip I had to touch up at the very end corner of the fender where the stampede would have protected. It looks like the Stampedes are little more translucent (even in smoke color) than other brands. Those of you with Stampedes, do you find this to be the case? My truck is silver and I am hoping the smoke color would be a nice dark accent to the silver, but I hope it isn't too translucent to accomplish this. Any thoughts?

'

I installed the WeatherTech one on mine. No clips; hardware is provided, and you use the pre-existing holes in the underside of your hood.

You do need to partially remove the rubber gasket, though this is only for the sections of the guard which need to be between your hood and the gasket, then you reinstall those fasteners.

Archived