Official information on the 2017 Duramax is here!

Also- More people don't care about the features vs those who do care otherwise they wouldn't take them away because of the outcry. The simple fact of the matter is that moist folks are willing to do without those bells and whistles otherwise they wouldn't buy the vehicles and go with another brand.

What's back in the day? 80's? Since silverados and sierras haven't had rear passenger AC vents since at least I can remember. And as time progresses, a company shouldn't take away useful features, and claim it's not a big deal to people. Countless people love everyone of the features you posted, myself included and when someone is paying $60-$70k for a truck, it better come with all the features it's competitors offer for much less. But GM has gone with less for more theme lately.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my trucks, be it the 99 Silverado 1500 ext cab, 2005 Sierra 1500 ext cab, 2007 Sierra 1500 ext cab or my old 2008 Sierra 2500 Crew Cab had these type of vents on the back of the center console. Oh. And the topic has been talked about in the past. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/165326-why-no-ac-or-heat-vents-for-the-rear-seats/

1299000290-1995-1999-oldsmobile-aurora-r

Interesting my 07 or 08 didn't have vents in the back and they were also SLT. Looks like people were upset in that other thread too, since back in 2014, and GM still hasn't fixed it.

In that case it must have been on my 99 or 05. And the more I think about it the more I believe it was the 99.. hmmm

All 800 series "Trucks" with a full console had vents. SUVs had a console without vents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On the AC thing...have any of you been in the backseat on a hot day, with the front seat AC coolers on? Between the seat fans blowing hot air on you and no AC, it's crazy how hot it gets. It's ridiculous that GM would cut that out..I never realized it until I say back there. If I knew this, I doubt I would have purchased this truck. My kids are always in the back...It's a shame, this and the uncomfortable seats are the only negatives...Such little things that GM bungles up...

The cooled seats (and the vents) were removed starting with the 2016 model.

The perforated seats are now heated and ventilated.

(of course in a truck with the vents if there are people in the rear, the cooled seats don't have to be turned on....)

• 2 weeks later...

didn't you hear? These people are paying $65,000 and feel that for that price it should have every feature in the world.

haha your right. Good call on that one. Me personally I would rather have useful feature. My truck without rear vents as always been cold no one ever complained that it was hot maybe too cold. It's been cold enough to hang meat. I would rather have heads up display because that's a useful feature.

Went out west this past summer, a few days of 100* temps, 3 kids in the back seat. Only one time did I need to turn up the AC and that's because the sun was glaring directly through the window.

So for me, while additional vents would be nice, certainly not a deal breaker or worth making that big of a deal about.

Every feature in the world is not what we want, a feature that every other competitor offers and is extremely useful, we want. Here in Southwest part of the US, temps are always hot. Even our winters are 80's and 90's. I actually don't think I have used my vehicle heater in years. Every GM dealer I've visited shopping for my truck have all mentioned that one of their top complaints by potential customers is lack of rear vent ac. I guess region has a lot to do with it, for customers. For the manufacture, it's all about dollars and cents.

• 2 months later...

Archived