2017 Duramax info, Driving impressions, DEF tank unchanged

DEF tank is not the same, It is in the same location, but is larger.

http://www.tfltruck.com/2016/09/2017-chevy-silverado-hd-new-6-6l-duramax-first-driving-impressions-video/img_2368/

From TFL article:

"Chevrolet says that the overall efficiency of the 2017 L5P Duramax is “about the same” as with the 2016 engine. The fuel tank sizes remain the same for 2017, while the DEF tank grows to 7 gallons and remains in the same position (mounted under the front passenger)."

The tank is not the same. Doesn't even look the same either. It has some sweet skid plate looking thing wrapped around it and it is longer and tall (hanging down appearance), but not quite as tall as the current one. Didn't realize they upped the capacity to 7 gal but that would explain its new appearance.

DEF tank is not the same, It is in the same location, but is larger.

http://www.tfltruck.com/2016/09/2017-chevy-silverado-hd-new-6-6l-duramax-first-driving-impressions-video/img_2368/

From TFL article:

"Chevrolet says that the overall efficiency of the 2017 L5P Duramax is “about the same” as with the 2016 engine. The fuel tank sizes remain the same for 2017, while the DEF tank grows to 7 gallons and remains in the same position (mounted under the front passenger)."

Thanks for pointing that out. If I could change topic subject to def tank location unchanged.

So who thinks that hood will mount on a 2016?

2016 Silverado 2500HD Midnight Edition Duramax CC 4X4

I also like the hood. If it is found out that it will work, i'll go a step further and say It'd be nice if the scoop could be functional on an lml. May take some back yard engineering, but it'd be nice.

I also like the hood. If it is found out that it will work, i'll go a step further and say It'd be nice if the scoop could be functional on an lml. May take some back yard engineering, but it'd be nice.

I'll go out on a limb & say the hood probably will mount to the '16s (since fenders & rad support most likely are unchanged), but as adamrg says, some "work" may be needed to connect the scoop to the '16's induction setup. It will be interesting to see what SPO wants for a new hood.

I wonder how the motor responds when the hood intake is plugged up? When plowing I always have a significant amount of snow that comes over the top of the plow...snow will cover that vent in like 5 seconds. Just hope it doesn't cause issues for the plowing crowd.

I wonder how the motor responds when the hood intake is plugged up? When plowing I always have a significant amount of snow that comes over the top of the plow...snow will cover that vent in like 5 seconds. Just hope it doesn't cause issues for the plowing crowd.

The hood intake can close to prevent freezing and go back to routing all air flow via the right front fender like they do currently.

Archived