Door locks going out

2014 Sierra, my warranty ran out the other day, and I swear the next day my passenger door lock stopped working. Does not work with keyfab nor with door buttons. Now, a week later my driver's side is starting to do the same. Is there aome sort of issue or recall on this I missed or will I just have to change the actuator myself?

2014 Sierra, my warranty ran out the other day, and I swear the next day my passenger door lock stopped working. Does not work with keyfab nor with door buttons. Now, a week later my driver's side is starting to do the same. Is there aome sort of issue or recall on this I missed or will I just have to change the actuator myself?

A simliar issue was a big problem on the GMT-900 trucks. The actuator in the lock unit would fail and the locks would simply quit engaging. The dealership denied any knowledge of it, even though every silverado, avalanche and surburban in the family had to have all of the lock units replaced by roughly 50000-60000 km. My rear ones went out of warranty and GM wanted 500 per side to fix. I bought the new units for barely 100 bucks each and did the repair myself.

Mine quit on one truck. If you use them they will wear out. 2009 truck did also. Professional grade!

I had one door lock actuator go out on my '09 Impala after warranty expiration. The part is made in Mexico and is not cheap (around$ 100 wholesale from the local GM dealer). The biggest problem was getting this thing inside the rear door and connecting the linkages!

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, j13smiley said:

I had the auto lock disabled on my '10 for just such this reason.

They claimed they could not do it when I bought my '14... I've not researched it since. I would have it done again if available.

'Off' is no longer an option for auto door lock. 

The door will unlock and open (without putting in park and without using the unlock button) if the door handle is pulled twice.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue with my 14 Sierra 1500. Door lock drivers side just quit working. Sounds like they use junk door lock actuators. Should be a recall started for this is a safety issue. Come on GM.

Archived