Factory Rake - What are you stock height measurements?

Guys,
Just curious to know what everyone's stock measurements were from front and rear with the factory suspension? I just had my drop shackles installed in the rear (2"), and the rear is now sitting 26.5" (fender to center of wheel). Front is at 25.75"

I measured everything prior, and stupidly wrote it down instead of putting it on a computer, and cannot for the life of me find where I wrote down my measurements!! ahhhh.

Thank you

post-161396-0-66006700-1475340962_thumb.jpg

post-161396-0-56151800-1475340971_thumb.jpg

I used the McGaughys 2" drop shackle. I just moved to Virginia for a year and unfortunately had NO tools readily available so I had to sadly have them installed at a shop. They charged 1.5 hours for install. So wasn't too bad. I then had them raise the front around 1/2" just to slightly increase the level but still keep a "minor" rake for towing my boat and other stuff.

2nd on the McGaughy's 2" drop shackles. I didn't raise the front any though. Things are pretty much how I want it. At least it doesn't resemble a cat in heat now.

Do you mind sending your measurements for your front end? Fender to middle of the wheel? Just curious to know what the stock measurements are. I cannot remember what mine were before I did it . Stupid me.

2nd on the McGaughy's 2" drop shackles. I didn't raise the front any though. Things are pretty much how I want it. At least it doesn't resemble a cat in heat now.

About 24.25" front and 25.5" in back, fender edge to wheel center with stock front, McGaughy's 2" drop rear. 275/70R18 BFG AT KO2's.

Damn does that mean if I go to 18s with 33s from my stock 20s that I'll lose an inch in ride height? From your measurements it looks to be the case! Nooooooo!

Damn does that mean if I go to 18s with 33s from my stock 20s that I'll lose an inch in ride height? From your measurements it looks to be the case! Nooooooo!

The size of the rims does not change ride height or ground clearance. That all depends on the diameter of the tire. 33 inch tires are slightly larger than factory (32.6 is factory I believe). You could have 26 inch rims but if the tire is low sidewall then it could be smaller than factory and you would then lose ride height. Hope this helps.

Sorry upon re- reading your post I don't think this is what you were asking. But I do believe all the tires GM puts on these trucks have almost the same outside diameter no matter which rim size they put on. So 20's should also be under 33 inches but I could be wrong. Mine came with 18's.

I just see Cowpie's measurements... They are about an inch lower than mine front and rear. The only difference I see is that I have 265/60/20 stock wheels and tires. Cowpie has a smaller wheel (18") yet has a 33" tire, and is still an inch lower than me. Is this due to the 18" wheels? I cannot see anything else that would cause this?

It wouldn't be the wheels but you have to find out what the diameter of your tires is. There are conversion calculaters you can find on google. Perhaps he has a tool box in the back or something that is heavier and weighs the truck down a little bit. Or because his truck is older than yours it has settled slightly maybe.

Hard to say exactly.

Your tires are 32.5 so that is 1/4 inch in height when divided in half. Also mine are basically 33 inches but are actually 33.25 So that is even closer. Trucks do settle a little bit over time and I believe that Cowpie has had his truck for awhile and he says he hauls a lot of heavy loads. That would be my guess.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised myself compared to what others had posted for height. When I did the measurement, I did it twice thinking I might have goofed. I just checked the 275/70R18 BFG AT KO2 tire size and comes in at 33.2" diameter. Would tire size make any difference on distance from edge of fender to center of hub? Sure doesn't seem like it would, as that should be a product of suspension only. Overall height, yes. One of those optical illusion kind of things?

How many miles do you have on your truck? Certainly very unusual! I'm baffled. Then again I only have 1,600 miles and have not towed with mine. I suppose like already stated, it could be just some break in ? It's just unusual that it's exactly 1" off from stock measurements.

Archived