$50 and under modifications

On 12/10/2017 at 6:17 PM, TX LIMO said:

I bought 2’ of Realtree vinyl and I covered all the silver trim pieces on the front and back. I think the vinyl set me back about $30.

Did you do the steering wheel? I'm wanting to do this to my truck, steering wheel is what's keeping me. That and thinking that I may upgrade to a heated wheel at the same time.

Looks great though!

1296dfa4b93ae2fe1e16888c2ce0d3a1.jpg
ce8ff574818b4cb70edbad7b3bb5b07f.jpg
4909945369353c219e63be109bdf17dc.jpg

I bought 2’ of Realtree vinyl and I covered all the silver trim pieces on the front and back. I think the vinyl set me back about $30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How hard was the job? Thinking about doing the same but different color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Did you do the steering wheel? I'm wanting to do this to my truck, steering wheel is what's keeping me. That and thinking that I may upgrade to a heated wheel at the same time.

Looks great though!

Thanks. No I didn’t do the steering wheel yet. I’m not prepared at the moment to pull the airbag to get those little pieces off. I may get around to it later but it doesn’t bother me. I may do the bow tie in the middle of the steering wheel. I love the way it turned out. I’m also debating doing the front and back bow ties but wanna keep the blacked out theme I’m going for.

How hard was the job? Thinking about doing the same but different color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It was not that bad. The only thing is to get a heat gun with a low setting to form the vinyl around the contours and edges. It took me probably a few hours total. I did them piece by piece over a few days.

• Like 1

I need to get a heat gun. I've tried to use a blow dryer and it didn't work for shit. (FYI, blow dryer wasn't mine because I'm not in an 80s hair metal band)

Lmao! I tried the hair dryer method but it didn’t quite get hot enough. I picked up an adjustable one at the local hardware store for like $25. I think it was a Warner brand.