$50 and under modifications

I picked up the steering wheel bowtie decals from this site!

http://store.gm-trucks.com/steering-wheel-bowtie-overlay-decal-2014-2016-silverado/

Super easy to install took a total of two minutes to clean and apply.

didn't see anything for the GMC sierra?

floor console using junk from the garage.

20160907_095035.jpg

looks great

• Like 1

Since I deleted my back bumper to a non step bumper.. the holes on top of the bed bugged me... so I found and bought these.. perfect fit my laser scanned. And made in the usa!!!!GM Silverado Sierra Pickup Bed Rail Stake Pocket Covers Caps 2014 2015 2016 2017 | eBay

http://m.ebay.com/itm/162184645563

Some great Christmas gift ideas guys! Any others? I just wish I was better at ordering online!

Remote tailgate lowering kit...

Message_1480697460187_zpsvh84ctyq.jpg

Would like more detail information on this. Where to get it, cost, etc. It would be great to tie into the factory FOB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would like more detail information on this. Where to get it, cost, etc. It would be great to tie into the factory FOB.

In my thread below there is a link to another members thread showing how he did it and he also explained to me how to tie it into the factory remote using the PAC TR7 trigger (I'm going to finish it up this weekend and will post pics in my thread).

The PAC TR7 was about $15.00, heavy duty door lock actuators with hardware were $8.00 for the pair (both on eBay) and I nabbed the relay from a buddy but I'm sure those can be found cheap on eBay etc or at the auto parts store. Also, I may end up needing a door popper as I've seen some use however my tailgate opens very easily so I'm going to try without it first.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/193210-2016-silverado-remote-opening-tailgate/

• Like 1

Didn't see it yet, but other than free, one of the cheapest mods is the

Fog Light on automatically with your low beam headlights.

Under $1 for a Diode Jumper and

5-6 minutes to jump Slot #10 Fog Lights into Slot #22 Parking Lights in the power source under the dash just above your brake pedal (or just behind the hood release latch).

Pull out little brown electrical "box" place diode into #10 slot and other end into #22 slot.

Put little brown jumper back into it's motherboard and done.

Edited by Driver72
  • Like 7

Did you make that or buy it?

I made this out of 1x4 aspen board a 6 foot piece will be long enough to build the frame then covered it a piece of left over leather/vinyl I had left over from a Katzkin kit and a console insert out of a 2014, all items found in my garage. Basically take some measurements of the floor space and build a simple frame to hold the insert and cover it. Mine is built so tight it doesn't move at all.

• Like 1