Power steering whine..deal breaker...no new HD for me?

2015s do not have the whine, however if you drive around town in a 2016 you will probabaly like the way it steers more than the 2015. Everyone is moving towards digital assist. This is the first year on the HD so they have some "bugs" to work out if u ask me. According to GM there are no changes for 2017 in the steering. GM has a "file" started on this due to the number of complaints but your right, at this point they really don't care.

Sitting at idle, not moving the wheel is where it is most noticeable. If you turn the wheel left or right the noise disappears until u stop the turn then it comes back again. If you bump up the engine rpm about 3-400 rpm it also disappears. Driving around town it is somewhat noticeable as u come up to a stop sign or just when your slowing down. The truck I was looking at was VERY annoying and completely unacceptable. I believe it to be on every 2016 with digital assist (not the WT model) and some are worse than others. What puzzles me is why more people are not complaining about this. I have to assume the noise is not that bad on the majority of trucks and the few I have drove are just a lot worse than the average one out there.

A friend of mine has a friend up the ladder a little ways at GM. He brought Up my issue with two engineers this week. The engineers agree that they have a problem with excessive noise coming from the digital assist steering at lower rpm's, however they can not solve the problem. They have tried a few different modifications with no luck. So until they come up with a fix they are considering it "normal".

Archived