Headlight Jiggle

Unfortunately gm warranty will not cover these lights as they are not original equipment on my truck

You could've had them added to your build and able to be warrantied if they were gm parts and you still had bumper to bumper. I've don't this with all my addons. As long as it's gm parts and there's a repair order made for install. Just gotta have the warranty administrator at the location submit the change as a ZREG transaction and pick the closest labor operation or install and include part numbers in the transaction and bam, it's now warrantied and shows up on build sheet [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

So this was driving me crazy on the '17.   Lights at night are an issue for me a little as it is.   It is distracting to see the flutter as it may be a deer in the corner last minute or other animal/critter... 

So... dealer swapped headlights... not luck... same issue... So I mounted a camera and slowed it down... (this took some time but I am OCD so... ). It appears that the high beams are a "shutter" that opens when engaged.   This is what you are seeing... the "trap" is moving ever so slightly.   Not sure they will ever find a fix for this.  

• 1 month later...

I have a 2017 GMC 3500 Denali and the headlights shake. Had it in the dealer twice they claim GM has no reports of this problem. Funny since every time I run into someone in a NBS GMC with HID's I ask them if their lights shake and they say "yes it's very annoying". On the Duramax forum there are a few threads about this with several people who have taken their trucks in to dealer and were told the same thing. Obviously there is a problem but GM is just ignoring it.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone needs to file a complaint with GM. I did this yesterday (1/29/18). I did it through GM Live Chat, Pretty easy. I would make sure that everyone does this as GM will take action if enough complaints come out. It may take a few months but if everyone complains, they will fix it! But they need to know we can't just complain online (which is so tempting). My $75K+ truck should not do this. So annoying! 

Make sure to write down your complaint number as they don't send you any record of the complaint.

https://www.gm.com/site-help/contact-us/chat-with-us.html

I also talked to the dealer to reach out to whoever they can as well and let them know this issue. The salesman is the best as they hate angry customers ;)

Hope it helps!

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue 2017 sierra elevation was looked at by dealer 

said nothing is wrong. Wanted me to do a video of the problem 

when driving. Had the problem since day one not a year old yet 

talked to gm ca.  And i am the only one with this problem the say lol 

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same issue 2017 sierra elevation was looked at by dealer 
said nothing is wrong. Wanted me to do a video of the problem 
when driving. Had the problem since day one not a year old yet 
talked to gm ca.  And i am the only one with this problem the say lol 
Same issue with my 17 on the drivers side.
Dealer said it's normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

On 5/2/2018 at 1:51 PM, brentboverhof said:

So I installed Morimoto D5S 5500K into my 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali. Headlight shake is gone! I drove it last night down one of the worst roads with potholes everywhere! No shake/jiggle. 

Hope this helps.

How does the color and brightness compare to stock?

24 minutes ago, sonerick said:

How does the color and brightness compare to stock?

Color is definitely more blue than stock. I also run the Morimoto Fog lights all the time. Brightness (in my opinion) the same. Sometimes I might notice it being "brighter" but not the extent where i get flashed all the time.  I was looking to get rid of that shake! It worked so it was worth the $350 in my opinion. 

I do notice that on the street signs while i am driving a blue/purple reflection. 

I'll snag a picture for you tonight.

Edited by brentboverhof
Added text

On 1/30/2018 at 5:17 PM, brentboverhof said:

Everyone needs to file a complaint with GM. I did this yesterday (1/29/18). I did it through GM Live Chat, Pretty easy. I would make sure that everyone does this as GM will take action if enough complaints come out. It may take a few months but if everyone complains, they will fix it! But they need to know we can't just complain online (which is so tempting). My $75K+ truck should not do this. So annoying! 

Make sure to write down your complaint number as they don't send you any record of the complaint.

https://www.gm.com/site-help/contact-us/chat-with-us.html

I also talked to the dealer to reach out to whoever they can as well and let them know this issue. The salesman is the best as they hate angry customers ;)

Hope it helps!

Worth a shot, but has done doo doo for us Sierra owners with crappy headlamps.

Currently in a 2018 Silverado loaner and have noticed a serious Headlamp shake over the slightest bumps, nothing like a brand new truck with the characteristics of an old clunker