Adaptive Cruise Control - Hmmm

So I've had my 2015 25HD SLT 6.0 for 16 months / 39000 miles, and today on the highway as I approached the rear of a car with my cruise on the Adaptive Cruise shut off the cruise. Took a while to figure out that I changed the setting for the front sensors last week from 1 to 3 (or 3 to 1) on the steering wheel which I thought just changed the front sensor sensitivity. It also changed the sensitivity of the Adaptive Cruise which has never responded before ...

I didn't even know the truck had that - Live and Learn

(I think that's what happened anyway)

You don't have Adaptive cruise.

You have Forward collision alert.

Forward collision alert will shut off cruise to prevent a collision.

Adaptive cruise will reduce vehicle speed when it senses a slower vehicle ahead, but stay engaged, and track the speed of the leading vehicle. When the way becomes clear, adaptive cruise will acelerate your vehicle back to the speed you had preset.

GM does not offer adaptive cruise on pickup trucks. It is available on full size suv.

You don't have Adaptive cruise.

You have Forward collision alert.

Forward collision alert will shut off cruise to prevent a collision.

Adaptive cruise will reduce vehicle speed when it senses a slower vehicle ahead, but stay engaged, and track the speed of the leading vehicle. When the way becomes clear, adaptive cruise will acelerate your vehicle back to the speed you had preset.

GM does not offer adaptive cruise on pickup trucks. It is available on full size suv.

Funny that it's called Alert BUT it will cancel the cruise (also vibrates the seat and flashes the RED dash light)

Alert is not an action (usually)

Thanks - now I know

ALERT:

adjective
  1. 1.
    quick to notice any unusual and potentially dangerous or difficult circumstances; vigilant.
    "an alert police officer discovered a truck full of explosives"
    • able to think clearly; intellectually active.
      "she remained active and alert until well into her eighties"
noun: alert
  1. 1.
    the state of being watchful for possible danger.
    "security forces were placed on alert"
    synonyms: vigilance, watchfulness, attentiveness, alertness, circumspection
    "a state of alert"
verb
verb: alert; 3rd person present: alerts; past tense: alerted; past participle: alerted; gerund or present participle: alerting
warn (someone) of a danger, threat, or problem, typically with the intention of having it avoided or dealt with.
"he alerted people to the dangers of smoking"

Archived